Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD:nhc So much for selling off gear.

a few months back I told myself I'd need to sell off guitars to buy new..  well, that didn't last long.

pulled the trigger on this one.   I've been wanting one of these after the pro version was introduced, but then later pro version and options morphed.  Limited run pops up which (for me) hit on all cylinders... and .. well..  that green burst caught my eye.   🐊    will be playing alongside some other semi-hollow/chambered goodness this week (Newport, Superpro, and others) for fun's sake.  

the shark fin in the f-hole was a bonus.   😁

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Anyway, I'd wager the guitar tastes better than an actual avocado.

just add cayenne, onion, garlic, lime, cilantro, diced tomato, salt..     the maple's already roasted.    🍴:lol:

there's actually a half a Hass (not to be confused with half ass) in my fridge that will be going down the hatch this afternoon..  

Love it!! Guessing that was fron the custom run that Humbucker music did? I was going to pick up the only charcoal one they had but when i called them, they weren't interested in budging on the guitar or the case. Given that i've bought a few Suhr's from them, that was dissapointing as they definately worked with the price previously. They told me the case was $150 when i paid $75 for the case with the Modern T  not long ago. I'm in Georgia and would also have to pay sales tax which brought it from $3299 to just under $4k with case. I would still be interested in a tone report. I already imagine it plays well like any other Suhr.

Congrats!

7 hours ago, RobB said:

Beautiful! Seems like a lot of builders are using that Gotoh trem as OEM. Congrats!

Seem's so.   I have that same trem on a coupla others (inc a parts caster in progress) and it works/behaves really well for what I do tremwise.   

5 hours ago, jettster said:

Love it!! Guessing that was fron the custom run that Humbucker music did? I was going to pick up the only charcoal one they had but when i called them, they weren't interested in budging on the guitar or the case. Given that i've bought a few Suhr's from them, that was dissapointing as they definately worked with the price previously. They told me the case was $150 when i paid $75 for the case with the Modern T  not long ago. I'm in Georgia and would also have to pay sales tax which brought it from $3299 to just under $4k with case. I would still be interested in a tone report. I already imagine it plays well like any other Suhr.

Congrats!

Yup.    Will do!    All I can say at the moment is that it definitely doesn't sound like my other T style guitars, nor the others for that matter.   no surprise there.    no twang.   not as warm as most of my fiddles (mahog in the mix).   The Alder/Maple body combination is new for me.  Overall my first impressions are .. articulate ... versatile.. balanced..  really enjoy the clean tones ..   I like the thornbuckers.  The splits are usable (to me) but volume drop is very notable.    I threw a bit of dirt at it and liked what I heard so far..  but will have a few more rounds with that and other amps .. 

That may be the coolest Tele style out there!  Nice goin’ Glen!

Archived