Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ultimates: Going rate?

BubbaVO

Ooooh!  I forgot about that darkburst!

• 11 months later...
On 7/5/2021 at 12:24 PM, bubs_42 said:

You may have paid a premium for the guitars you have purchased form me, but at this point, they are all worth more than you paid. That is just icing on the cake. 

To anyone out there that just has a guitar they love, don't sell it, don't ever sell it. At any price it will never mean more to someone else than it does to you. The Ultimates, 4 Digits, and now just you plain old everyday Standards, the word is out and you cannot base prices on what they sell for on this forum. Sometimes though selling important pieces to someone you know will take care of them, enjoy them, and will respect them trumps the dollar amount you can get for them. 

I hear ya and could not agree more!  Many years ago, I sold my '77 Inca Silver MM Stingray to a guy in Italy.

I got over 10x what I paid for it new, and even with that, I deeply regret selling it.

I'm down to a '73 P-bass, The Standard Bass #0531, and the 12ver Standard Bass, and I won't make that mistake again.

2 hours ago, HSB0531 said:

That is one Purdy Gee-Tar!

Yes it is…and you can see the family resemblance to 0006 which will also never get sold. If I got down to one guitar, that’d be the one and I’d be content.

Same here.  I wouldn’t sell this one.  

Ever.

9478FC7A-E3AF-4764-9545-7387396DC45C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

I sold mine for what I paid, to the penny. My main interest when I got it was to be part of the launch of what I figured would be an awesome guitar company. I figured that if I loved the guitar, great, but Mike needed to get off the ground and I wanted to be a contributor.

Like others, the Standard body shape will never be for me, but whatever... I knew there was no way I'd be underwater on number 21, and it was fun to own while it lasted.

On 7/1/2021 at 9:52 AM, kizanski said:

Having given it more time rattling around in my brain, and considering what your c.2000s Hamer Standards are going for, $4000 isn't as crazy as it may sound.

Anyone disagree?  I'd like to hear the reasoning.

I think if you offered for $4k, you'd have multiple offers in a bidding war.

7 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

I think if you offered for $4k, you'd have multiple offers in a bidding war.

You're probably right. 

4 hours ago, mudshark said:

Totally different conversation!

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure this topic will get updated shortly.  

I would strongly suggest....strongly suggest those folks interested in a Shishkov Ultimate to tune into the Shishkov Guitars  Facebook Page later today. 

I saw a teaser shot.  Damn...

Hamerica

17 hours ago, Hamerica said:

I'm pretty sure this topic will get updated shortly.  

I would strongly suggest....strongly suggest those folks interested in a Shishkov Ultimate to tune into the Shishkov Guitars  Facebook Page later today. 

I saw a teaser shot.  Damn...

Hamerica

Repost here for those of us not on Facebook…?

Per the request on Facebook Shishkov Page listed at $6,000 shipped. 
#0008.  Same owner as the Jeff Watson Model listed.  

image.jpeg

Foolish me never had one to sell. I knew I would end up selling it and felt I’d give someone else the chance to order what they wanted. Still have no interest in that body shape but every one of those ultimates was/is beautiful!!

arniez

Per the Facebook Page posting the guitar has sold.

Hamerica

• 3 months later...

One of the rare few (#20) that have made the transition into another guitar player's hands. And for that, I am eternally grateful. Thanks, Shark. And thank you, Bubs. You spec'd this one out brilliantly. Just need to find a way to stretch the bones in my left hand a bit more and it'll be perfect. ;) 

Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 10.19.09 AM.png

Winter,  very nice congratulations on the acquisition.  

On 6/30/2022 at 12:19 PM, veatch said:

$25k, and I *might* consider it. 

Seriously, if you ever see this for sale, something has seriously changed in my life...

20180923_133405.jpg

Screenshot_20171021-155501.jpg

That's one classy looking axe, Jeff. Love the wide spacing on the twelfth fret markers. 

On 6/30/2022 at 2:19 PM, veatch said:

$25k, and I *might* consider it. 

Seriously, if you ever see this for sale, something has seriously changed in my life...

20180923_133405.jpg

Screenshot_20171021-155501.jpg

This always reminds me of a tropical Island and the transparent blue waters that surround it.

Archived