Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ultimates: Going rate?

BubbaVO

5 hours ago, 0054 said:

Could not agree more with this statement.

At that price are you gonna get a better guitar? I think not.

I spoke with an HFC member who doubted the value, stating outside of the forum the guitars would not sell. I stated, and believe it true that each one that has sold has brougt a profit for the seller, that is value. Mike started his venture much later than a lot of other world class builders, his target market is different, the times they are a changing. Playing one is the big convincer though, and  they are worth the cost and time it takes to get one.

The doubter should check out about a half dozen FB/social media sites where people ask regularly whether there are any available Shishkov Ultimates available.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, bubs_42 said:

You forget that I sold mine my Ultimate, as well as a 4 digit.  I remember how many members reached out to purchase that 4 Digit and  scoffed at what I was asking for it. ten offering me half of my asking price. One member bought it, and he will make money off of it one day and I am satisfied with what I got at the time.

I remember how I "met" Bubs.  I PM'd him a couple years before he was ready to sell his 4-digit.  Then, right before Christmas, he shot me a price and told me he wanted me to have it.  He even gave me "terms" and let me pay him over about a month or six weeks. 

I learned long ago that the "price" of a guitar is what I'll pay for it.    

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, The Shark said:

I remember how I "met" Bubs.  I PM'd him a couple years before he was ready to sell his 4-digit.  Then, right before Christmas, he shot me a price and told me he wanted me to have it.  He even gave me "terms" and let me pay him over about a month or six weeks. 

I learned long ago that the "price" of a guitar is what I'll pay for it.    

You may have paid a premium for the guitars you have purchased form me, but at this point, they are all worth more than you paid. That is just icing on the cake. 

To anyone out there that just has a guitar they love, don't sell it, don't ever sell it. At any price it will never mean more to someone else than it does to you. The Ultimates, 4 Digits, and now just you plain old everyday Standards, the word is out and you cannot base prices on what they sell for on this forum. Sometimes though selling important pieces to someone you know will take care of them, enjoy them, and will respect them trumps the dollar amount you can get for them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ooooh!  I forgot about that darkburst!

• Like 4