Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA Hamer Miller High Life on 'verb

No affiliation, en Puerto Rico:

He's asking 1500 & 125 for shipping.  Seems worth the risk if you really want a player version of one of these, YMMV.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 12.11.49 PM.jpg

5 minutes ago, Eli said:

627793549_ScreenShot2021-04-26at12_19_37PM.jpg.63d873f61d621efe63216e26c1fca445.jpg

I'm glad you pointed that out.  This is what I like to call Aggressive Laziness.

There is a Cadillac in a nearby driveway which has not been washed in at least 20 years. It was beige or white at one time, but now it's covered in green and black mold.
The car gets used, the tires are inflated and it moves from time to time, but the owner has gone out of his/her way to not wash it, no matter fucking what.
It looks like something that you would find abandoned in the Louisiana bayou, except we're in the NJ 'burbs, and this is this parson's working transportation.
I can't overstate how off-putting the visual juxtaposition of this car sitting in front of a $750,000 home is. 

Clipping the strings and leaving ALL SIX string winds is Aggressive Laziness.

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

I'm glad you pointed that out.  This is what I like to call Aggressive Laziness.

There is a Cadillac in a nearby driveway which has not been washed in at least 20 years. It was beige or white at one time, but now it's covered in green and black mold.
The car gets used, the tires are inflated and it moves from time to time, but the owner has gone out of his/her way to not wash it, no matter fucking what.
It looks like something that you would find abandoned in the Louisiana bayou, except we're in the NJ 'burbs, and this is this parson's working transportation.
I can't overstate how off-putting the visual juxtaposition of this car sitting in front of a $750,000 home is. 

Why is it I hear the Sopranos theme song when I read this post? 😄

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

I know that car! I have picture of it somewhere...

2 hours ago, Carl.B said:

Because it's the "sleeping with the fish' caddy?

I really don't get the fascination with these guitars.  Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love Hamers, but this model?  Let's see.

Body shape--yuck.

Free advertising for Miller beer--yuck.

The idea that this guitar, although well-crafted, was a free promo--yuck!

Maybe somebody could explain it to me why they like this model?   What's next?  A Chips Ahoy Strat?  An Oreo Dobro?  A Charmin Toilet Paper Les Paul?

6 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

I really don't get the fascination with these guitars.  Don't get me wrong, I love, love, love Hamers, but this model?  Let's see.

Body shape--yuck.

Maybe somebody could explain it to me why they like this model?   What's next?  A Chips Ahoy Strat?  An Oreo Dobro?  A Charmin Toilet Paper Les Paul?

Del Fuegos came in the bar I worked, used this model.

I love the shape, the color and even the crassness, if a big brewery gonna do it, do it right. Miller did it right on these.

On 4/28/2021 at 2:16 AM, HamerCustomEr said:

Body shape--yuck.

According to Jol, Peter Green was a fan of the MHL Hamer. 

Good enough for PG... ;)

On 4/28/2021 at 1:16 AM, HamerCustomEr said:

Body shape--yuck.

It’s the Champagne of goddamn beers. 

My dad was largely responsible for the ascendance of Budweiser to the status of the best selling beer in the world.  That was largely responsible for him being able to adopt all nine of us. You know, when the y get a big promotion or a bonus, some guys go out and get a sports car.  He'd go out and get another kid.

As a result, as family we were fiercely loyal to AB.  If I had brought one of those into the house, I'd have been crucified.  Since AB sold out to InBev, that loyalty has swung in a completely opposite direction. I'd guess I could bring that thing in to cheers and my brother in law trying to buy it from me.  Call me an infidel, but I've always kind of liked them.  But there's a certain MGD 12-er that would be the shiznit.

On 4/28/2021 at 1:16 AM, HamerCustomEr said:

Body shape--yuck.

I owned one and still would if, and this will sound strange given the shape, I didn't find it hard to play up high.  It was a really great sounding guitar, and I always had people who wanted to take pics standing next to it after a show, which is kind of the idea.  Putting on a show.  I fucking hate High Life, but if it was something fun for the crowd and got those gigs shared a lot on social media, either as live clips or just pictures.   Rock shows are supposed to be fun, and those guitars certainly seem to add a drop of that. 

The beer is gross. I’d rock the guitar after painting it Pabst Blue Ribbon. Or maybe even Zima.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/26/2021 at 3:36 PM, kizanski said:

This is what I like to call Aggressive Laziness.

On 4/26/2021 at 4:57 PM, joshoowah said:

I know that car! I have picture of it somewhere...

On 4/26/2021 at 7:45 PM, kizanski said:

That would be something.  

Aggressive Laziness:

klompass.JPG

2 hours ago, burningyen said:

Pic isn't working for me, and it sounds like something I really ought to see.

Sorry. Google Images...

I moved it to kizanski.com (WHICH RULES!) so it should show up now.

On 4/26/2021 at 3:53 PM, Carl.B said:

You could probably fit two or three people in that Caddy trunk!  Now that I've seen that car, it makes me think of the end scene of Psycho, when Janet Leigh's car is getting pulled out of the swamp:

Archived