Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Reverb Hacked?

Anybody else get one of these notices?:

0f7c1dfa-1ab8-488b-b225-897ae346895d_rhy

Dear Reverber,

We take our users’ privacy and security very seriously. Out of an abundance of caution, we wanted to inform you that Reverb recently became aware of an issue relating to user contact information.

At this time, we believe that contact information, including name, address, phone number, and email, was publicly accessible for a short period of time. We do not have reason to believe that any of this information has been misused, nor do we believe that password or payment information were involved.

As soon as we learned of this issue, we immediately worked to resolve it. We conducted an investigation of the situation to determine what happened and are taking steps to prevent something like this from happening again.

As a general reminder, we recommend that you change your Reverb password on a regular basis. If you’d like to update your password you can do so easily from your Account Settings page.

Your trust is important to us, and we are committed to improving our safety procedures to keep your information secure. Thank you for being a part of the Reverb community.

The Reverb Team

Double check your personal contact/shipping to information and make sure it is correct i.e. phone number, address info. Both Amazon and Ebay had breaches about 5 years ago where they would change the contact info and then would do forgotten password and then get into your Amazon or Ebay account. I was notified by my CC company about suspicious purchase's on my account back then. Found out my contact info was changed and I was living in France!    

Hamerhead thanks for the reminder!

Hamerica

A word about passwords and "randomness":

You're better off with a phrase like "boobiesbabyboobies" for a password than, say something like "o9#jfn8u*3hqTD43".
These password cracking programs are designed to do so in a similar fashion to those programs which actually pick passwords for you, in that random alphanumeric-with-numbers-and-special-characters kinda way.

Of course, most websites and programs require a "complex" password, meaning that you would need to include a number, both upper and lower case letters, and even a special character, but that only means that "boobiesbabyboobies" would be something like "Bo0b1esb@byboobies" (my bank password), but my point is the same.
They're not designed to "guess" random phrases, which is the way we think, meaning that the cracking programs will crack your "&yhUk3$dhQP" password long before it cracks "1LoveG@lGadot". (Which I do).

The rumor is Joe Walsh's password is "I Like Big Tits".   Who knew?

Hamerica

2 hours ago, Hamerica said:

The rumor is Joe Walsh's password is "I Like Big Tits".   Who knew?

I knew he had a wacky sense of humor, wrote cool riffs, and has used some righteous vintage gear, but this password thing merely confirms his genius.  But I kinda figured he'd dig a bit deeper in the song, like "EggsBenedictTits".

Archived