Hamer Fan Club Message Center

This Vintage S looks original?

Found this on ebay Kleinanzeigen Germany. Is something wrong with this one? The body seems to be built of two pieces. A full humbucker is installed. The price seems ok to get a used Strat. Thoughts? 

Screenshot_20210428-223127_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg

Screenshot_20210428-223135_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg

Screenshot_20210428-223145_eBay Kleinanzeigen.jpg

I'm no Hamer expert by any means, but I thought the Vintage S was an all flame maple body with a 2 bolt trem, that body looks like a multi piece with a Hamer neck on it, and don't remember a string tree on the headstock. Don't think this would pass for a proper Daytona either. Anybody out there have more info ????

Body looks more like it's 5 or 6 pieces.

Reasonably confident that pickguard is not OEM. 🤩

A Vintage S should look like this:

spacer.png

There was controls on the backplate for a preamp. Not sure what model that neck is actually from, but what it's bolted to does not appear to be anything Hamer.

Doesn’t appear to be a Daytona body.

Neck is a Daytona comparing it to mine, I'm going to say that the body is not a USA Hamer body... as they where never multi piece bodys, 2 book ends or Slab as far as I have ever know. Maybe the imports used the multi piece construction. 

So your getting a dirty usa Hamer neck!

Depending on the price, it might be a cool project. Keep the neck, part out the rest and start over with the components of your choice. Definitely not a USA Hamer body, tho. How much are they asking?

7 hours ago, Travis said:

Depending on the price, it might be a cool project. Keep the neck, part out the rest and start over with the components of your choice. Definitely not a USA Hamer body, tho. How much are they asking?

380 Euro

13 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

380 Euro

Ok...  so, about $460 US. Depending on what pickups are in there...  body probably not worth much to part out ($25-$50 max)...  keep the tuners, maybe the bridge. Electronics are a wash...

Eh...  not worth it to me given the condition of the Hamer neck. 

Being that I just sold a Custom Daytona in fantastic shape - including the 100% original body and neck - for $500, I'd say that's not a good deal at all.

Archived