Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Artist, BLACK, $1100, Guitar Center (‘Good’ condition)

I got a used Artist from Guitar Center about 2 years ago for $799. I ended up reselling it to one of the members here as I never really vibed with it. Still looking for my own personal unicorn: a checkboard Special in beater condition for a decent price. 

13 minutes ago, joshoowah said:

That's an Artist Mahogany, right? I can't imagine they'd put solid black on a carved flamed top, plus it has Grovers. (Schaller Grovers)

Yes, I believe that is correct. Just like a silver Vanguard or 25th Anniversary. It’s tempting at that price! I like the black.

I guess once purchased the Guitar gets shipped to your closest GC for pickup, not your residence. 

Anyone know for sure?

Ok... now I'm confused... this is listed at the Allentown, PA store, but is located in Fairfax, VA? What?

ETA - Never mind... GC was confused about my location, not the guitar's.

Purchased by someone on the FB Hamer page who doesn't quite comprehend GC's rating structure and is feeling lucky. With GC this past year that's about a 1 in 4 shot but it does still happen.

That looked pretty sweet. I do wonder about their descriptions. 'Good' in GC-speak can mean so many bad things. Or it can mean really good.

Glad someone else got it. I do not need another guitar. Was tempting, though I thought the price was a bit high relative to what similar ones have gone for. Still undervalued though compared to anything similar for a quality US builder.

On 4/30/2021 at 9:21 AM, davpel said:

I got a used Artist from Guitar Center about 2 years ago for $799. I ended up reselling it to one of the members here as I never really vibed with it. Still looking for my own personal unicorn: a checkboard Special in beater condition for a decent price. 

Serious question - What do you consider a decent price for a Checkerboard Special in beater condition?  Other than $350 😂

6 hours ago, P Franco said:

Serious question - What do you consider a decent price for a Checkerboard Special in beater condition?  Other than $350 😂

How about $1350?

On 5/1/2021 at 1:05 PM, P Franco said:

I guess it depends on how much of a beater it is. Over the years, I've just missed out on a few of them -- one which in fact went for $350, but that was a case of the owner not knowing what he had. I've always told myself that if I ever can find one for under $1,000, I'm buying it. Wishful thinking? You tell me.

Archived