Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD- Namesake

Scored a fairly knackered Diablo in "natural?" finish. Def in player condition- tons of dings, divots and boo-boos but that's okay. Knew it was a playah. Will need a new Gravelin bridge p'up or at least need to have it raised to the strings (1/2 inch below- wtf???)

The upside is I got it with a Hamer hardshell case! 😁 

IMG_3811.jpeg

IMG_3813.jpeg

IMG_3814.jpeg

IMG_3815.jpeg

IMG_3816.jpeg

IMG_3817.jpeg

32 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

Congrats!  Looking forward to the toggle switch.

Maybe... At my age, I gotta be looking at the eventual short term sell offs. :P

I got yer namesake, rat cheer. The Moseley brand was only around for about 2 1/2-3 years or so ca. sometime in '69 to sometime in ''72, when Semie apparently got the rights to "Mosrite" back. He even alluded to the return of his original brand in a '72 brochure. This guitar show pic was taken in Nashville in '97 IIRC.

Moseley brand.jpg

P.S.: (shameless self-hype): Among the Moseley instruments built in that three-year time frame were guitars made for Don Rich and Rose Lee Maphis.  

Those will be seen in my next book, hopefully out around Christmas.

40 minutes ago, RobB said:

Diablo-schmiablo. What I wanna know is; Is that a wool-knit tie, Willie?

I have a very large tie collection (from my wife, thousands of ties, mostly vintage), and I have worn several like that!

13 minutes ago, 0054 said:

I have a very large tie collection (from my wife, thousands of ties, mostly vintage), and I have worn several like that!

Aren't knit ties, "ties for guys that don't wear ties?" I mean, I haven't worn one since the Reagan era.

They are easy to knot compared to silk and older skinny ties, but they look so Ted Knight!

Congratulations! NIce looking used Diablo. The wear on your guitar wasn't as bad as the reverse headstock red Diablo that I bought off of the local Craig's List a few years ago. Mine looked pretty beat up and needed a fret leveling which I had done. I didn't bond with the neck shape for the time that I owned it so after playing if for a couple of years, I sold it. 

Guitar George

8 hours ago, Hamer95USA said:

Congratulations! NIce looking used Diablo. The wear on your guitar wasn't as bad as the reverse headstock red Diablo that I bought off of the local Craig's List a few years ago. Mine looked pretty beat up and needed a fret leveling which I had done. I didn't bond with the neck shape for the time that I owned it so after playing if for a couple of years, I sold it. 

Guitar George

This is my 6th or 7th Diablo in the last 25 years, (the first "natural" finish) so I was and am assured of the neck carve being suitable. The frets are in decent shape but I'm contemplating replacing with jumbo stainless Jescars. I've ordered a wicked good double slug variant Gravelin Mongoose and have a Schaller LockMeister bridge and a EZ Fixit kill switch tone pot, ready and waiting.  :D

39 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

This is my 6th or 7th Diablo in the last 25 years, (the first "natural" finish) so I was and am assured of the neck carve being suitable. The frets are in decent shape but I'm contemplating replacing with jumbo stainless Jescars. I've ordered a wicked good double slug variant Gravelin Mongoose and have a Schaller LockMeister bridge and a EZ Fixit kill switch tone pot, ready and waiting.  :D

Mmm...  loves me a mongoose in a super Strat. Gots me two of them and they’re perfect for their applications. Actually, not sure if I ever told you or not, but when I was talking my to Josh a while back about winding pickups for my Charvel, a couple of your demo vids are what sold me on the Mongoose.

6 minutes ago, Travis said:

Mmm...  loves me a mongoose in a super Strat. Gots me two of them and they’re perfect for their applications. Actually, not sure if I ever told you or not, but when I was talking my to Josh a while back about winding pickups for my Charvel, a couple of your demo vids are what sold me on the Mongoose.

No shit? Surprised they didn't prompt you to send me a cease and desist letter. :P

7 minutes ago, Brooks said:

Nice. What kind of obscene refin do you have planned?

BION, was gonna leave it as is. Some new hardware and a few gizmos are planned  but no paint... though a nice, obscene finish sounds like a lovely idea. :P

31 minutes ago, mrjamiam said:

Crackle it!

Great idea!!!

Archived