Hamer Fan Club Message Center

If you play fretless bass (If it had the markers I would), you need to check this Reverb Cruise

That case alone is worth almost $200.

Pizza Day!

"Finish wear: 
Although Hamer gave their instruments pretty long lasting finishes, there is what almost looks like "finger smudges" right beneath the clear finish coating, on a few small areas (see pic for bottom edge of body top, @ right side of the bridge and small area mid bout bottom side edge)."

The neck is beat and that's some fairly high string height especially for fretless. I bet it's warped and/or twisted on the E side.

That's pretty cool. Owner might just like the action as high as a double bass. I think the dings on the neck would bug me a little when playing, though.

The side dots on the edge of the fingerboard look like an aftermarket mod. They don't look like the dots on my fretless Cruise, but then again, mine's a lined fretless from '97, not an unlined fretless from '96.

8 hours ago, VincentYGB said:

The neck is beat and that's some fairly high string height especially for fretless. I bet it's warped and/or twisted on the E side.

Yes, the neck looks pretty chewed up, and that action looks like a tightrope to me.  I love unlined fretless, but I would steer clear of this one.

My Cruisebass is far more beat up than this one. If I was in the market for a fretless, I’d be all over this,.

Archived