Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer limited run pic request

Ok, I think it’s time for a thread devoted to the different limited runs that Hamer did over the years (not one off customs). Probably cuz I’m sitting on the patio with a beer and some Zeppelin playing. But, I digress. 

Show us what you’ve got...

Earthen Maple Talladegas and Studios

30th Anniversary Studios

Redwood Studios

Special K and Ecstasy

Koa Studios

etc...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, here’s a couple...

A 96 korina Eclipse. 1 of 10, or maybe 12 (according to Kim Keller) that Frank Rhindone had commissioned.

A previous owner had routed for a P90 but I still had to have it. Why anyone would cut on such a rare piece is beyond me.

B5AB135C-AF7E-46E2-900E-D9D4CDD14D92.jpeg

201C70FC-D7B8-4284-B814-3B5A5DF94366.jpeg

51BD3D39-2837-4B12-BD2B-E7BB9294C640.jpeg

I have a korina HB Special, but no pics handy. I *think* it is one of  6 or 7... 

You said Hamer, but I’m throwing in a Dean too... Just ‘cause. It’s one of 4 (I think) NAMM guitars from when Dean returned to the company (he didn’t build this one). Baseball bat neck from heck!

8CD1FACD-5B4C-4BD7-A235-73D5DE5DF733.jpeg

E7909D4B-BA70-4A68-A882-828F3FDD55EB.jpeg

15 minutes ago, DaveH said:

Ok, here’s a couple...

A 96 korina Eclipse. 1 of 10, or maybe 12 (according to Kim Keller) that Frank Rhindone had commissioned.

A previous owner had routed for a P90 but I still had to have it. Why anyone would cut on such a rare piece is beyond me.

B5AB135C-AF7E-46E2-900E-D9D4CDD14D92.jpeg

201C70FC-D7B8-4284-B814-3B5A5DF94366.jpeg

51BD3D39-2837-4B12-BD2B-E7BB9294C640.jpeg

Hot damn, I didn’t even know that eclipse existed. I’ve often thought about picking up an eclipse because everything I’ve read has said that they balance perfectly and I’m a huge fan of the wrap tail. Being a slab body and fairly bare bones would make it a perfect workhorse guitar enough to get past the aesthetic that many people don’t care for. That Korina makes the asymmetrical horns look GOOD...

I get what you’re saying about routing for the p90 but I’m willing to bet the neck pickup sounds ungodly. If it doesn’t then I know a one man outfit who could wind something special for that. 

Tell me it has a skinny neck so I don’t pester you about selling it to me from now until the end of time...

11 minutes ago, DaveH said:

I have a korina HB Special, but no pics handy. I *think* it is one of  6 or 7... 

You said Hamer, but I’m throwing in a Dean too... Just ‘cause. It’s one of 4 (I think) NAMM guitars from when Dean returned to the company (he didn’t build this one). Baseball bat neck from heck!

8CD1FACD-5B4C-4BD7-A235-73D5DE5DF733.jpeg

E7909D4B-BA70-4A68-A882-828F3FDD55EB.jpeg

LOVE that Cadillac!  And a huge neck to boot... 🤤🤤🤤

7 minutes ago, Travis said:

Tell me it has a skinny neck so I don’t pester you about selling it to me from now until the end of time...

Yeah man, the neck is anorexic! If I ever need to move it, I'll tell the truth. 

'84 Gary Moore Special:

100_0711.JPG

'84 KK Vector:

3-26-10 028.jpg

'89 Cali LE:

DSCN5108.JPG

'99 25th Anniversary LE:

DSCN3638.JPG

'04 30th Anniversary:

DSCN3607.JPG

They are all elsewhere now, but it was fun while it lasted. The 30th was spectacular.

33 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

'04 30th Anniversary:

DSCN3607.JPG

They are all elsewhere now, but it was fun while it lasted. The 30th was spectacular.

image.gif

3 hours ago, ArnieZ said:

spacer.png

Ooh...  love the redwoods. 🤤

2 hours ago, tweed said:

Dag !   Wish I knew how to post pictures, got the Triple Threat from Badger Dave last year.   Man, I gotta get caught up to the 21st Century !!!!!

If it’s on your phone, you can add it directly on here by selecting “add files”

May have to resize it. 

if you wanna send it to me I can post it for you. I’d LOVE to see another triple threat. 

edited to add @tweed’s Triple Threat. It’s goddamn sexy. 

FE626784-9BEB-47D2-8649-9B1FD2F5F11E.jpeg

I've have/had 6 or 7 of these: Cali Elite LE in Purple Metal Flake and Iridescent-

And yes, that was Hamehead's Iridescent Cali.

Barney Sparkle.jpg

Eeriedescent Cali.jpg

2 hours ago, tweed said:

Dag !   Wish I knew how to post pictures, got the Triple Threat from Badger Dave last year.   Man, I gotta get caught up to the 21st Century !!!!!

I can help with that!

IMG_3206.JPG

IMG_3203.JPG

7 minutes ago, BadgerDave said:

I can help with that!

IMG_3206.JPG

IMG_3203.JPG

So, I just noticed the saddles. Looks like the lower three are reversed from the upper three. Is that always the way they’ve been?  I mean, whatever keeps the intonation on point. I guess I had never looked that closely before. 

Didn't notice that before, good eye brother.

2 hours ago, Travis said:

So, I just noticed the saddles. Looks like the lower three are reversed from the upper three. Is that always the way they’ve been?  I mean, whatever keeps the intonation on point. I guess I had never looked that closely before. 

2 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

I can help with that!

IMG_3206.JPG

IMG_3203.JPG

Aaaw, there she is, better picture than i would have took. Thanks a lot Dave, was just thinkin' about you. How's Florida ???

4 hours ago, Travis said:

If it’s on your phone, you can add it directly on here by selecting “add files”

May have to resize it. 

if you wanna send it to me I can post it for you. I’d LOVE to see another triple threat. 

edited to add @tweed’s Triple Threat. It’s goddamn sexy. 

FE626784-9BEB-47D2-8649-9B1FD2F5F11E.jpeg

Thanks Travis,  Took me over a half hour to figure out how to send a picture through a text.  Man.... I am so out of touch with technology !!

On 5/11/2021 at 10:52 PM, specialk said:

No longer mine, but still in the family. #10:

IMG_0262.JPG

Yep, taking good care of her.

18 hours ago, tweed said:

Aaaw, there she is, better picture than i would have took. Thanks a lot Dave, was just thinkin' about you. How's Florida ???

Florida is beautiful, hot and overrun by people from New York. I haven't run into "Florida Man" but Bentley driving Long Island man is pretty common.  I'm enjoying it.

1 hour ago, BadgerDave said:

I haven't run into "Florida Man" but Bentley driving Long Island man is pretty common.

Maybe YOU'RE the Florida Man now.  

Archived