#truth

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

IMG_3750.jpg

Now that’s an F-hole I could get into..

On 5/15/2021 at 7:33 PM, BadgerDave said:

Florida is beautiful, hot and overrun by people from New York. I haven't run into "Florida Man" but Bentley driving Long Island man is pretty common.  I'm enjoying it.

I take you're not living in Del Boca Vista?  Those units went like hotcakes, you know...

On 5/16/2021 at 6:07 PM, gtrdaddy said:

IMG_3750.jpg

Was this a limited run, or is it a one off, special order? If it's a limited run, do you know how many Monaco Elites Hamer made with f-holes?

1 hour ago, Disturber said:

Was this a limited run, or is it a one off, special order? If it's a limited run, do you know how many Monaco Elites Hamer made with f-holes?

I think it was a limited run of 3, if I remember correctly...

2 hours ago, Travis said:

Thanks. It sure looks cool. But I think I'd prefer a solid body on these. Non chamber what so ever.

Here is my ltd Korina Standard 063/100. 

y4mmgRDToTRqAMls3zsbpq2-I70mvhRvQZNZvNp4

9 hours ago, Disturber said:

7 hours ago, Travis said:

Yeah, I was told three built for Willcutts.

On 5/18/2021 at 6:23 AM, Disturber said:

Thanks. It sure looks cool. But I think I'd prefer a solid body on these. Non chamber what so ever.

Here is my ltd Korina Standard 063/100. 

y4mmgRDToTRqAMls3zsbpq2-I70mvhRvQZNZvNp4

I am in the market for one of the Ltd. Run Korina Standards. What is market value for one these?

1 hour ago, stratfish said:

I am in the market for one of the Ltd. Run Korina Standards. What is market value for one the

It depends on which way the wind is blowing any given day. Value over recent years had seemed to hold steady between $2500 and $3300, but recently there have been a lot of wackadoo pie in the sky asks over 7K. Never seen one sell for that much, but one did recently sell for $4200. Still high in my opinion, but someone was willing to pay it LOL.

15 hours ago, stratfish said:

I am in the market for one of the Ltd. Run Korina Standards. What is market value for one the

Yes, guitardaddy is in the right ballpark. I'd say between 3000 to 4000+. And if you are really lucky, a bit under 3000, but that's a score. Look at what you have to pay for a korina Explorer from Gibson, or other small custom shop guitar builders that build korina Explorer or Flying Vee replicas and I'd say these prices are more than fair.

And If I compare my Korina Standard to my three 4-digit Standards it is equally as great. My Korina Standard is actually my dessert island Hamer. It, and my Korina Vector, are just the two best ones I have. I would not be surprised if they will go up in price to what the 4-digits cost one day. They for sure have the magic. And I don't know how many Korina Standards they made, over the limited run of 100. Not many. 40-60 might be a good guess. Kim Keller said that Hamer built around 200 Korina Vectors in total over the years. So that would probably make it less than 400 Korina Standards and Vectors out there in total.

Edit: here is a Vector that came out for sale just today  https://www.maharsvintageguitars.com/products/hamer-vector-korina-flying-v-2005-mint?_pos=1&_sid=c6cd4abb3&_ss=r

23 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

It depends on which way the wind is blowing any given day. Value over recent years had seemed to hold steady between $2500 and $3300, but recently there have been a lot of wackadoo pie in the sky asks over 7K. Never seen one sell for that much, but one did recently sell for $4200. Still high in my opinion, but someone was willing to pay it LOL.

Not to mention, that run is 25 years old now and they will NEVER make another one. There are 100 in the entire world for all time, and the Vector run is even more rare. I wish they had made a run of Modernes... I may be in the minority here, but I really like those. Would have been even better as a Hamer (mine is from the 2012 run, which was not korina)

On 5/18/2021 at 1:54 PM, gtrdaddy said:

I almost bought the $4200 (one piece body Std.) on Reverb* but didn't pull the trigger fast enough. Wanted to think it over and research it a bit more.

Waited the weekend - paid may taxes on Monday (MAY 17  O U C H ! ! ! )
By the time I got back to Reverb the guitar had sold for full price. Finding out now (via HFC posts) that there are probably only 3 or 4 from the '95 ltd. run that have 1 pc. body. Oh well! Sounds like it was overpriced a bit... 

https://reverb.com/item/40147421-hamer-usa-korina-standard-1996-natural 

Thank you ALL who chimed in on my inquiry. Very helpful!

2 minutes ago, stratfish said:

but with growing demand and limited supply sooner or later it may actually be worth $4K.

It's one way to look at it, but Hamer is gone, these guitars were great, but look at what else $4200 will buy you today. I'd say money best spent elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

I'd say money best spent elsewhere. 

image.gif

17 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

It's one way to look at it, but Hamer is gone, these guitars were great, but look at what else $4200 will buy you today. I'd say money best spent elsewhere. 

gtrdaddy - you're too fast on the keyboard! Quoted me on that statement before I was able to edit it out. Agree $4200 buys a lot of guitar elsewhere. That's Les Paul money with some left over

I just happen to love korina guitars - but not THAT much!  🙄

9 hours ago, stratfish said:

gtrdaddy - you're too fast on the keyboard! Quoted me on that statement before I was able to edit it out. Agree $4200 buys a lot of guitar elsewhere. That's Les Paul money with some left over

I just happen to love korina guitars - but not THAT much!  🙄

Depends on what you are looking for, for sure. I was looking at an R8 last year that I almost pulled the trigger on. But I bought a Korina Vector instead. This damn Vector is so much more awesome than that R8. It was a great guitar, but the Vector is totally unbelivable. I had it at band rehersals yesterday and it sounds so damn great. I think it even excells my Korina Standard as my new number one. I have a great 1991 Les Paul, but it's not in this league.

This thread is not helping my Broke-Ass-GAS! 25th and 30th Anniversaries, F-Hole MonEl, Artist Ultimates, Triple Threats, Redwood, Earthen Maple, and too much Korina... I'm gonna die of dehydration because I can't stop drooling! 

3 hours ago, joshoowah said:

This thread is not helping my Broke-Ass-GAS! 25th and 30th Anniversaries, F-Hole MonEl, Artist Ultimates, Triple Threats, Redwood, Earthen Maple, and too much Korina... I'm gonna die of dehydration because I can't stop drooling! 

Same. But not because of drool...

Archived