Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Blitz 1985 (with guessing game!)

No affiliation.

https://reverb.com/item/40524365-hamer-usa-blitz-1985

Let's play a fun game.  Take a look at the following photo, and tell me, do you think that the marking on the body of the guitar is

1) a sticker on top of the finish, or

2) a sticker BELOW the finish.

There is no mention of the marking at all in the seller's description which I will include below.  Answer to follow.

lke3vafrfnfzsqpjbpiq.jpg

Here is the seller's description:

Hamer Blitz USA 1985
Very rare guitar. Mick Mars from Motley Crue played a 1983 model with the 3x3 headstock before Hamer switched over to a Kramer style headstock in 1984. I decided to sell it because I sold my house and I'm moving to a rented condo. Don't miss your chance on this one!

Your guitar will be very well package and shipped with the best delivery option to ensure quick and safe delivery to your door. Thank you in advance for your order and please do not hesitate to contact me, it will be my pleasure to answer any questions.

There is no mention of the sticker at all, so I sent him the following message, and he responded, as you can see.

Hamer Blitz with decal.png

So his house sold faster than he thought, which probably  means he could’ve gotten more for it, and now he wants to compensate by selling refinished, inlaid under the lacquer, no serial-ed, floyd added, ibanez tuner-ed, non original pickup-ed something, that says Hamer on a headstock, for the price of two 3x3 blitzes that, as claimed, Mick Mars played...good luck to the new owner

1 minute ago, JustKid said:

So his house sold faster than he thought, which probably  means he could’ve gotten more for it, and now he wants to compensate by selling refinished, inlaid under the lacquer, no serial-ed, floyd added, ibanez tuner-ed, non original pickup-ed something, that says Hamer on a headstock, for the price of two 3x3 blitzes that, as claimed, Mick Mars played...good luck to the new owner

And he has to be out of his house in a week, so not only will his packing/shipping process be totally hurried and clumsy (like his ad), good luck finding him when you want to send his garbage back to him.  

Sold his house or is being evicted?

2 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Sold his house or is being evicted?

Selling his house in a weekend (or "week end" as he wrote) might be the one truth in the ad and exchange above.
I'm getting first hand accounts of people selling their homes for obscene prices and without negotiations.

Other than that, it looks like a cool guitar (once you get rid of that stupid decal) for about $800.

8 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Selling his house in a weekend (or "week end" as he wrote) might be the one truth in the ad and exchange above.
I'm getting first hand accounts of people selling their homes for obscene prices and without negotiations.

Other than that, it looks like a cool guitar (once you get rid of that stupid decal) for about $800.

Bought my house last June (closed a ridiculous 3 months later). It was an As-Is, undervalued, and lasted on the market for less than a day. 15 showings on the first day, 12 offers, we won. And the market isn't letting up. But that's a house, not a refinished, only-the-(remaining) wood-is-original Blitz...

22 minutes ago, kizanski said:

The fracking housing market is nuts here. I was strongly thinking of doing some sprucing and selling. Then the wood went through the room and good luck finding another house. LOL 

3 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

The fracking housing market is nuts here. I was strongly thinking of doing some sprucing and selling. Then the wood went through the room and good luck finding another house. LOL 

Well yeah, that's just it.  I could make a truckload of money selling my house this afternoon, but then move to where?  
You'll pay an equally inflated price for that house and then what was the point?

18 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Well yeah, that's just it.  I could make a truckload of money selling my house this afternoon, but then move to where?  
You'll pay an equally inflated price for that house and then what was the point?

Bought some ancient porch furniture from a crusty old retired trucker this weekend who'd just sold his "forever house" and surrounding property (7.8 acres) for $680k (got the offer within four hours of listing it) when it was tax-appraised for ~$327k about three years ago. He told me at age 72, it was easy. He was selling while was the market was nuts, already had plans to buy some buying some undeveloped land (to avoid cap gains), and was already planning to live in his RV on his son's farm property whilst they build a pole barn and integral apartment.  Now, that's not a bad way to scale down!

28 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

Bought some ancient porch furniture from a crusty old retired trucker this weekend who'd just sold his "forever house" and surrounding property (7.8 acres) for $680k (got the offer within four hours of listing it) when it was tax-appraised for ~$327k about three years ago. He told me at age 72, it was easy. He was selling while was the market was nuts, already had plans to buy some buying some undeveloped land (to avoid cap gains), and was already planning to live in his RV on his son's farm property whilst they build a pole barn and integral apartment.  Now, that's not a bad way to scale down!

Full on thread hijack!

Yes, it would have to be worked out in a way like that; you make a mint selling your home, live in an RV for two years and wait for RE prices to come back down to Earth, and then you buy a house that you couldn't have otherwise afforded before the world got Corona-ed.
Personally, I gave up "roughing it" a looonnnng time ago.  My idea or roughing it is a hotel room.
I have a buddy at work that loves to go camping with his wife and pals.  He has all of this camping/survival equipment and goes as often as they can, often for several days at a time.
I can't tell you how often I sprained my eye muscles rolling my eyes during his moronic tales of sleeping on the fucking ground.
"So, let me get this straight... You work here 40+ hours a week, pay your taxes, pay a mortgage, electricity, water, gas, etc. so you can pack up a sleeping bag and live in the fucking woods?  You're an idiot."

Maybe I could do the RV thing if I were younger and single, maybe, but the truth is the only reason I own my own home is because my wife is much more level-headed and calculated with money than I am.

And to bring this thread back around....those cats lucky enough to sell real property at these gonzo-ass prices and still have a place to live would be able to spend $1900 on a refin'ed and likely molested Blitz AND restore it to its original glory without necessarily worrying about whether it was a good deal. 

17 minutes ago, Biz Prof said:

And to bring this thread back around....those cats lucky enough to sell real property at these gonzo-ass prices and still have a place to live would be able to spend $1900 on a refin'ed and likely molested Blitz AND restore it to its original glory without necessarily worrying about whether it was a good deal. 

Yeah, but why would they?  Anyone with a hardon for a 6-in-line Blitz could get an original one for less, or even a Standard for what he's asking.

4 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

There is no serial number.  The sticker is under the finish. 

Refin. 

That inset plate behind the spring cover could possibly be where the ferules from a sustain block would have been. 

The plate says "PANACHE". It appears to be an insert not anything to do with bridge.

3 minutes ago, Ham Rex said:

The plate says "PANACHE". It appears to be an insert not anything to do with bridge.

This \/

That inset plate behind the spring cover could possibly be where the ferules from a sustain block would have been. 

I'm having a luthier restore a 87 Ferrari Red Chaparral. I havent dropped it off yet but I told him it is imperative the Stadium USA logo and non-stamped Serial have to remain intact. Yes I'm swapping pickups to Bill Lawrence Wilde pickups but will keep original Dimarzio's in case I sell. Maybe one day I'll spring for NOS OBL's on ebay unless someone has a set of black ones to sell here.

9 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Yeah, but why would they?  Anyone with a hardon for a 6-in-line Blitz could get an original one for less, or even a Standard for what he's asking.

Exactly my point.  Being flush with cash erodes some people's inner drive to be rational with purchases.  

Now, as for me?  Hell, no, I'm not paying that much for a molested Blitz!

There is no serial number.  The sticker is under the finish. 

Refin. 

Sorry didnt see the part about ferules! 

You're right! Thx!

Archived