What Marshall, specifically?

Bluesbreaker?

JTM45?

1959?

1987?

2203/2204?

Jubilee?

DSL?

What about an actual Marshall, in a box...?

Disclaimer:  I’ve never actually played one of these. While I did have an old Marshall Shredmaster when I was in high school, played in front of a solid state combo amp, before I knew what I was doing with pedals....

CFF32F58-8388-4B40-A8D0-B25D5D25F319.jpeg

I really like my Bogner LaGrange and I've lost count how many of my clients have bought their own when I told them mine was not for sale. Ever.

Well I own a Frieman BE-OD and a JHS Angry Charlie V3 which are both supposed to be an amp-in-a-box pedal. Love both but each has way more gain than I ever got from a Marshall...

Thanks for all the responses! I have just started playing through an amp after more than a year of only using plugins in Logic. 
I currently have a Bogner La Grange and I’m glad to hear Jeff R really digs it. Just checking to see if anything else is out there. I’ll be cranking it up today. It’s about time! 

3 hours ago, Jeff R said:

I really like my Bogner LaGrange and I've lost count how many of my clients have bought their own when I told them mine was not for sale. Ever.

Ditto.  I've had a few MiaB pedals, and while some were just balls-out stellar on one end of the spectrum (Crunch Box, Pinnacle, DLS), they couldn't offer the full range (1959SLP-to-modded-JMP/2203/2204) of tones quite like the LaGrange.  Nevertheless, all of those other pedals were all pretty damn good dirt boxes.  I'm simply not using as much searing high-gain as I used to. 

If you go to youtube, you can find untold numbers of reviews on various pedals, some designed to emulate a Plexi, some designed to Emulate a JCM800, some just made to sound "marshall". And of course there are more every day.

The BEST JCM800 pedal I have EVER heard or Seen is made somewhere in South America, and features a bunch of HAND BIASED fets inside, all made by hand, tweaked to be the greatest JCM 800 pedal ever made. That is the Pedal Pal Fx PAL 800. There are several versions they have released over the years.

On 5/11/2021 at 10:54 PM, Travis said:

What about an actual Marshall, in a box...?

Disclaimer:  I’ve never actually played one of these. While I did have an old Marshall Shredmaster when I was in high school, played in front of a solid state combo amp, before I knew what I was doing with pedals....

CFF32F58-8388-4B40-A8D0-B25D5D25F319.jpeg

These are great pedals. Never shoulda sold mine.

My fave is this one. Turns a single channel amp into a 4 channel amp. The Crunch channel w/ the gain barely on makes a good organic semi clean tone. 

Plexi Tone.jpg

22 minutes ago, Brooks said:

My fave is this one. Turns a single channel amp into a 4 channel amp. The Crunch channel w/ the gain barely on makes a good organic semi clean tone. 

Plexi Tone.jpg

That really is another winner. 

On 5/11/2021 at 9:08 PM, gtrdaddy said:

Without being Marshall specific, my favorite pedals are the Lovepedal Vintage Modern, and the Lovepedal Purple Plexi.

The Marshall in a box for me is the JMP11. Seems to be the one that do both gainy and subtle. 

3 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

The Marshall in a box for me is the JMP11. Seems to be the one that do both gainy and subtle. 

It's def a good one. Have you tried a Vintage Modern? You'd better add that your SNS wish list! Through both Brit and Fender style amps it sounds really great low gain!

5 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

It's def a good one. Have you tried a Vintage Modern? You'd better add that your SNS wish list! Through both Brit and Fender style amps it sounds really great low gain!

I can’t keep track, but I think I have had one. 

Archived