Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Lots of Hamers at DGS!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

Really!  What colour is it?

The same - Ferrari Red.  It’s the bass on p.87 of the Hamer book.

09864D13-9AC5-4349-8564-A3DF780DE8C4.jpeg

• cmatthes changed the title to PSA: Lots of Hamers at DGS!
1 hour ago, P Franco said:

‘88 Cruise Bass on there now. 

There “was” a ‘92 Chaparral Max Bass on there too - but she’s gone now.

It actually wasn't a Max - it was a Chapparal Bass custom ordered with ebony/boomers, gold hardware and in the Black Cherry Sparkle finish.  I think that bass was owned by a couple HFC'ers over the years...

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

It actually wasn't a Max - it was a Chapparal Bass custom ordered with ebony/boomers, gold hardware and in the Black Cherry Sparkle finish.  I think that bass was owned by a couple HFC'ers over the years...

Good to know, thanks for the info! Seemed like a fair price. 

20 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

There are SEVEN new listings on DGS at the moment!

https://davesguitar.com/?s=hamer&post_type=product

Check out this super-sweet deal on a Blitz bass!  Only $1250!  How am I possibly resisting this?  Somebody, please buy this one before I lose my mind!

https://davesguitar.com/products/hamer/blitz-bass-84/

412180.jpg

OK, I got it. You don't have to lose your mind.  Unless I'm too late........  😵 🍺

On 5/21/2021 at 4:58 PM, P Franco said:

Good to know, thanks for the info! Seemed like a fair price. 

Did you buy the Chap bass? Would you post pictures from Daves?

Thx,

M

On 5/20/2021 at 9:43 PM, richardt4520 said:

Yes indeed!

Hey Richard, I was the one on FB who chuckled at your quest  for a reasonably priced boomered Cali. Glad ya found one. Truthfully, if I had known about this it'd be in my hands because of the factory OFR.  Normally, I don't bother with traditional oriented head stock Cali's unless they are special, like yours! Congrats!!

My only traditional head stock Calis-

IMG_1854.jpeg

1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

Hey Richard, I was the one on FB who chuckled at your quest  for a reasonably priced boomered Cali. Glad ya found one. Truthfully, if I had known about this it'd be in my hands because of the factory OFR.  Normally, I don't bother with traditional oriented head stock Cali's unless they are special, like yours! Congrats!!

IMG_1854.jpeg

Thank you, Jim! I don't collect but am always looking for instruments that are easy to play, since I'm prone to tendonitis from overplaying if I'm not careful. These Calis are some of the easiest on my hands I think I've ever come across. At least to me anyway. I'll never have an amazing collection like yours, but with my standard and the new one on the way, I think I'm set with my tools. Looking at yours, it definitely starts to kick in the gear acquisition syndrome though! 🙂

32 minutes ago, richardt4520 said:

Thank you, Jim! I don't collect but am always looking for instruments that are easy to play, since I'm prone to tendonitis from overplaying if I'm not careful. These Calis are some of the easiest on my hands I think I've ever come across. At least to me anyway. I'll never have an amazing collection like yours, but with my standard and the new one on the way, I think I'm set with my tools. Looking at yours, it definitely starts to kick in the gear acquisition syndrome though! 🙂

I'd normally challenge anyone who'd says I collect guitars. I bought everything I own with the intent to play the shit out of it. To me, Collecting imparts a much more Bourgeois connotation of buying just for bragging rights or to flaunt one's affluence. I have neither.  Semantics and all that. :P  But in perspective, I guess do have a collection of Cali's. Can't deny that it has all the appearances of a collection.  So, I guess I do collect. LOL

And I agree, the Cali's are remarkably easy to play! IMHO, no finer shredder exists in that particular category.

11 hours ago, diablo175 said:

IMG_1854.jpeg

What is OFR? Thx

11 hours ago, diablo175 said:

IMG_1854.jpeg

Do you have any Glue in Neck Cali's?

I custom ordered it in mid 88. Hamer only offered as bolt on at the time. The store and the sales rep had to check to see if it could be done. They told me it would be the 1st glue in. I recieved it March-May 89 (I think it was March) and recently recorded an earlier Glue In SN. so it's not true.

Is this something you may like for your collection? Or does the standard headstock exclude it?

Seymour Duncan JB and Stacked Single coil. You can see the 4 wires in last picture. 

Cali 1.jpg

Cali 2.jpg

cali 3.jpg

rps20210304_001740.jpg

fret marker.jpg

6 hours ago, Ham Rex said:

Do you have any Glue in Neck Cali's?

I custom ordered it in mid 88. Hamer only offered as bolt on at the time. The store and the sales rep had to check to see if it could be done. They told me it would be the 1st glue in. I recieved it March-May 89 (I think it was March) and recently recorded an earlier Glue In SN. so it's not true.

Is this something you may like for your collection? Or does the standard headstock exclude it?

Seymour Duncan JB and Stacked Single coil. You can see the 4 wires in last picture.

rps20210304_001740.jpg

Hi Ham Rex,

Beautiful guitar! The set necks are quite special IMO. As it turns out, my only set neck is also my only custom order and one of the last dozen guitars to come out of the New Hartford shop. And... it does have a reversed headstock. :D

C3.jpg

Archived