Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Lots of Hamers at DGS!

On 5/24/2021 at 6:07 AM, diablo175 said:

Hi Ham Rex,

Beautiful guitar! The set necks are quite special IMO. As it turns out, my only set neck is also my only custom order and one of the last dozen guitars to come out of the New Hartford shop. And... it does have a reversed headstock. :D

C3.jpg

Wow... that's really awesome!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to whoever reposted the link on the Facebook Group. I made an impulse purchase of the Newport having had a discussion with Benny about the import charges. UPS haven’t lost it yet and it should arrive tomorrow. 

this ‘Hamer’ business is very addictive 👍😂

On 5/21/2021 at 4:12 AM, Travis said:

That mirage with a chunk taken out of the headstock would be a great beater Mirage to use as a mule for modding. Not at that price, tho. Had to look at the pics to see why that Newport was so cheap, too...  😬

I decided to make the call, there’s a few local luthiers who are good by me. Hopefully it will ok in person 🤞

The Newport arrived today (not bad delivery from the US) and it’s lovely. I’m pleased to say that the neck repair is indeed fine (I know that was a bit of an estimated gamble!), whoever did it clearly knew what they were doing as you can hardly feel or see it. 

So it all started for me with an XT goldtop and then it rapidly all went downhill from there with US Hamer’s. 😂😂

1 hour ago, SeanBro said:

So it all started for me with an XT goldtop and then it rapidly all went downhill from there with US Hamer’s. 😂😂

That's how they rope you in! Started with a MIK Cali. Within a month or 2 I have 2 USA Calis to go with it

21 hours ago, SeanBro said:

Thanks to whoever reposted the link on the Facebook Group. I made an impulse purchase of the Newport having had a discussion with Benny about the import charges. UPS haven’t lost it yet and it should arrive tomorrow. 

this ‘Hamer’ business is very addictive 👍😂

At your service, squire!

2 hours ago, SeanBro said:

The Newport arrived today (not bad delivery from the US) and it’s lovely. I’m pleased to say that the neck repair is indeed fine (I know that was a bit of an estimated gamble!), whoever did it clearly knew what they were doing as you can hardly feel or see it. 

Glad to hear the Newport has arrived and is a player. Newports are such great guitars I'm glad that one found a home where it will be enjoyed.

"it rapidly all went downhill from there with US Hamer’s." That hill can become a slippery slope quickly. Watch your wallet.

On 5/28/2021 at 3:01 PM, Bennyboy-UK said:

At your service, squire!

I’d decided that I’d only buy Hamer’s from Europe (but.. that’s all gone now). Your advice and guidance was invaluable, thanks 👍 Unfortunately all those cheap Hamer’s in the US are now easily available 😂😂😂

On 5/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, Hbom said:

Glad to hear the Newport has arrived and is a player. Newports are such great guitars I'm glad that one found a home where it will be enjoyed.

"it rapidly all went downhill from there with US Hamer’s." That hill can become a slippery slope quickly. Watch your wallet.

Well, this is the sixth USA Hamer now. I guess I am the example of how the XT line was supposed to work. I can’t begin to say how much I love them all. 

On 5/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, Hbom said:

With six now, it already has 😂👍

Archived