Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Incoming NGD- Charvel Custom Shop

Got word of this beauty's impending delivery to the dealer I ordered through on Saturday. It landed today and went right back out. It lands on my doorstep tomorrow!

Practically foaming at the mouth to get at this.  Custom Shop DK 24 order via Jon at Killerburst Guitars.

• Solid alder body with upgraded custom paint
  • Quartersawn Maple Neck and Fingerboard, Oil Finish
  • Reverse Fender Licensed Headstock with Charvel Logo
  • Compound 12-16" Radius
  • Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets
  • Abalone 1/4" Dot Inlays
  • Luminlay Side Dots
  • Truss Rod Wheel at heel
  • 1-11/16" Nut Width
  • .750-.810" Neck Profile
  • 25.5" Scale
  • Angled Heel with 4-bolt plate
  • Recessed Original Floyd Rose Tremolo and Locking Nut
  • Gotoh Tuners
  • Black Hardware
  • Direct Mount Pickups - Seymour Duncan TB-4 JB (bridge) and STK-S1n Classic Stack (neck)
  • Single Volume control with push/push switch to select either bridge or neck pickup
  • SKB/Charvel Molded Case
  • Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity

1F857592-A984-4109-B36A-64AB872CFE77_1_102_o.jpeg

0E486983-93D5-47D4-91AE-771C265A2804.jpeg

6AB07663-4932-495D-A104-797C3DF265DA.jpeg

D26917B0-B482-4F84-889E-F980BB43D2E2.jpeg

70C182EA-3504-4105-A25D-A27FA353B215.jpeg

49 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Got word of this beauty's impending delivery to the dealer I ordered through on Saturday. It landed today and went right back out. It lands on my doorstep tomorrow!

Practically foaming at the mouth to get at this.  Custom Shop DK 24 order via Jon at Killerburst Guitars.

• Solid alder body with upgraded custom paint
  • Quartersawn Maple Neck and Fingerboard, Oil Finish
  • Reverse Fender Licensed Headstock with Charvel Logo
  • Compound 12-16" Radius
  • Stainless Steel Jumbo Frets
  • Abalone 1/4" Dot Inlays
  • Luminlay Side Dots
  • Truss Rod Wheel at heel
  • 1-11/16" Nut Width
  • .750-.810" Neck Profile
  • 25.5" Scale
  • Angled Heel with 4-bolt plate
  • Recessed Original Floyd Rose Tremolo and Locking Nut
  • Gotoh Tuners
  • Black Hardware
  • Direct Mount Pickups - Seymour Duncan TB-4 JB (bridge) and STK-S1n Classic Stack (neck)
  • Single Volume control with push/push switch to select either bridge or neck pickup
  • SKB/Charvel Molded Case
  • Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity

1F857592-A984-4109-B36A-64AB872CFE77_1_102_o.jpeg

0E486983-93D5-47D4-91AE-771C265A2804.jpeg

6AB07663-4932-495D-A104-797C3DF265DA.jpeg

D26917B0-B482-4F84-889E-F980BB43D2E2.jpeg

70C182EA-3504-4105-A25D-A27FA353B215.jpeg

YES!!!!  LOVE IT!!!  

Can’t wait for the full tone report. Congrats!

30 minutes ago, RobB said:

Wow! A combo volume pot/toggle switch. You must conflicted. 

Are ya gettin’ the itch to install a switch? Sweet Charvel. 

Pretty much was my aim was to do that all along. Dealer order doesn't allow for many, if any deviation from set specs. So, I figured I'd get one put in by a super pro tech, after the fact. That said, I'll try it out for a while and see if I bond with the push pull pot. It's certainly set far enough outta the way. No knocking that thing out of a certain selection.

15 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Pretty much was my aim was to do that all along. Dealer order doesn't allow for many, if any deviation from set specs. So, I figured I'd get one put in by a super pro tech, after the fact. That said, I'll try it out for a while and see if I bond with the push pull pot. It's certainly set far enough outta the way. No knocking that thing out of a certain selection.

Do you have any experience with a push/push pot for pickup switching?  Should be slightly quicker on the fly for going from HB to SC. Not sure how well they hold up under heavy use, tho. 

Might be worth considering if you don’t use a bridge/neck combo setting very often and want to keep it easier to bring back to stock...

15 minutes ago, Travis said:

Do you have any experience with a push/push pot for pickup switching?  Should be slightly quicker on the fly for going from HB to SC. Not sure how well they hold up under heavy use, tho. 

Might be worth considering if you don’t use a bridge/neck combo setting very often and want to keep it easier to bring back to stock...

It has a push pull. The issue is not being fond of them, so yeah, I've got some experience with them. And yes, they don't allow for an in-between H and S combo. 

2 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Getting your Charvel Lynch on!  Looks awesome.  I've never tried it but I'd think if you never use both pickups together, the push push pot would be awesome.  

Funny thing is, I do use both together a good bit in my work with My Critical Mess. Less so with the cover band or my solo stuff.

11 minutes ago, HAMERMAN said:

I could also see Warren DeMartini playing it.

Yes, it’s true. I do share a preference for many of the features & specs some of the 80s most iconic and talented guitarist had. Unfortunately, that’s all we share. 😜

1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

It has a push pull. The issue is not being fond of them, so yeah, I've got some experience with them. And yes, they don't allow for an in-between H and S combo. 

Yeah, I saw it has a push/pull and I remember you saying before you don’t like those. I was more thinking of a push/push pot for an quicker pickup selection without drilling for a toggle switch. Unless, of course, you do use a middle position quite a bit. Which it sounds like you do from your previous post. 

Carry on then. Nothing to see here... 🤐😜

OMFG.

This thing is f-ing unreal. NEVER have I played a brand spankin' new guitar straight outta the case that sounded and played as good as this. Never. Barely had to goose the tuning and it was straining at the leash to run. This beauty and beast is VERY well suited to my (intended style of) playing. It wants, it NEEDS to shred! This would leap outta the hands of someone playing Mustang Sally or American Pie on it and either attack the musician or commit a form of rock n roll suicide by falling to it's demise to keep from having to be used for anything so banal and lame.

89E31077-215D-402B-BD78-7F0CB9A6EBF7.jpeg

21 hours ago, RobB said:

Wow! A combo volume pot/toggle switch. You must conflicted. 

Are ya gettin’ the itch to install a switch? Sweet Charvel. 

yeah who's idea was that? seems pretty impractical.

super sweet looking guitar, tho

1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

This would leap outta the hands of someone playing Mustang Sally or American Pie on it and either attack the musician or commit a form of rock n roll suicide by falling to it's demise to keep from having to be used for anything so banal and lame.

Ha! righteous.

6 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Just looked at the pictures again, the fret work is gorgeous.

Verily. Beyond the finish, that was the first thithing I noticed. 

7 hours ago, scottcald said:

Cool to know it lives up to your expectation.  Just looked at the pictures again, the fret work is gorgeous.

I posted pics on the JCF Online FB page and the guy who actually worked on those frets posted a pic of my guitar in his area.

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 6.12.24 AM.png

Archived