Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Which knee do you use and why?

I use my left knee. Maybe because I was classically trained from the beginning. Also, I can sit in my office chair with armrests and play a 335 comfortably while seated. I know a lot of you play standing. I never have. One, possibly because I'm just lazy. Two, again, possibly because I was classically trained at a young age up through my early 20s. 

Left knee, classical position primarily. Switched years ago and never went back. I wear my guitar high on a strap while standing and the classical position more closely approximates that height. Or...  I started with a high standing position and switched to classical to stay consistent. Don’t remember. Chicken or egg...  🤦🏻‍♂️

I started on my left just because I thought putting the guitar on my right put the neck nowhere close to where it would be when I stood up and I didn't want to get used to that.  I still do it that way.

All guitar specific - for strat & tele style electrics it's almost always right - classical it's almost always left (the std. classical position). Gibsons it's 50/50  or 60/40 left (or center) over right.

1 hour ago, rugby1970 said:

I use a strap all of the time for two reasons: never learned to use either knee and my big gut gets in the way.

Help! My Fat Fingers are Muting the Guitar Strings! - TheGuitarLesson.com

Can a person with a large stomach still learn to play the guitar? - Quora

Speaking of kinda big guys and straps, I noticed a while ago that Blues Great Freddie King, he puts his strap over his RIGHT shoulder.

A-323162-1618839246-3651.jpeg.jpg

freddy-king-Edit.jpg

Depends on the guitar/bass for me.

4 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

Speaking of kinda big guys and straps, I noticed a while ago that Blues Great Freddie King, he puts his strap over his RIGHT shoulder.

A-323162-1618839246-3651.jpeg.jpg

freddy-king-Edit.jpg

I may have to try that. Looks similar to the position I use on the left knee.

6 hours ago, kizanski said:

We've officially run out of shit to talk about.  

@hikarateboy! It's a wrap!!  Roll ot up and take it away! 

Yeah, like looking at you look at a fucking computer screen. Awesome content there. In fact, Abne, I can't think of a single fucking thing you've said on this board since I've been here from 2012 that holds any merit or socially redeeming value at all. You're just the town jester. 

Mostly the right, or maybe the lower bout cradled between both. And it's amazing how comfy it is to jack back on a couch and play a V with the crotch cradling the right thigh and supported by the left knee.

Used to play standing mostly, but these days I always seem to be sitting.

28 minutes ago, Ting Ho Dung said:

I can't think of a single fucking thing you've said on this board since I've been here from 2012 that holds any merit or socially redeeming value at all.

That's understandable.  You do smoke a lot of weed.  

14 minutes ago, mudshark said:

Both when doing it doggy style because it's pretty much impossible to keep one's balance on only one knee.

image.gif

I use the same "knee" I use to hold a box. Comes in handy when I play Sandy Claws at the old MILFs home, too... ho ho HOE
image.png

You know, I figured Travis would be the first with the wee knee gag, and I REALLY expected it waaaay sooner from somebody.

You guys are slipping.

(Get it?? Wee knee. Slipping.   God is this week over yet??.......)

34 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

You guys are slipping.

(Get it?? Wee knee. Slipping.   God is this week over yet??.......)

Maybe.  But u know what ain't slippin'?

My guitar. Cause that third "knee" ain't no "wee" knee.  Ba dump bump

Thank u, ladies, and germs, I'll be here all week. Try the waitress and tip the veal...

1 hour ago, hamerhead said:

(Get it?? Wee knee. Slipping. 

Perhaps he was waiting for the town jester to post something of such merit or socially redeeming value.

4 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

You know Kiz, you do seem to be slipping a bit. Could it be......?

It happens, man.  It happens to the best of us.

Archived