Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS Celestion 10s plus newly added WGS G12Q

Trying to keep moving excess stuff.

1.  Barely used at home only Celestion Greenback 10.  8 ohm. The sound of rock and roll. SOLD

2. Celestion G10 Vintage 80th Anniversary Special Edition. Two of these came in my Valvetech and I hated them there. They need a BF Fender or a brighter Marshall type. 8 ohm. They’re essesntially a 10” V30. $70 shipped per. Big magnet. I have two. 

3. Like new WGS G12Q speaker at 4 ohms. Sounds like an old Jensen.  $50 shipped

Hey, what didnt you like about em? Maybe I shoulda done a speaker swap? What did u hear? I am very interested. I think you like a brighter sound over all though. I loved these. Lol.

@0054, I do like some brightness available for sure...especially in the upper mids.... but my ears also love the CHIME as well. I find the Vac is darkish and bass heavy on its own. The rectifier swap greatly helped that by tightening things up and I had to let my ears determine where the amp eq knobs should be. IN THAT AMP, I didn’t hear any chime from those speakers, but when’s I ran them after my 6g6b Bassman, they came alive. It was weird...as soon as I plugged into the amp my ears just told me it needed British alnico.  And for me, it did.  The G10s love a bright amp IME, but yeah, I tend to want some brightness available. Lol

• Jakeboy changed the title to FS Celestion 10s plus newly added WGS G12Q
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived