Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Old Stock Special P90 find

Pictured below is a surprise find in an italian store that usually deals very upscale stuff (Lesters, Hubers, Fender CS, etc).

Owner looks at me, winks and says - you're the Hamer nut, right? Been posting pics of those Explorers (sic) and stuff - huh? What about this one..?

He pulls out a dusty Hamer case, flips the lid - and lo and behold here's a P90 special, virtually in new unplayed condition, with the original University Drive warranty card, small Hamer logo tuners, not one sign of metal patina / aging, no hameritis, no checking.

Sho' nuff took her home.

Wasn't cheap - guess I'm paying the price for having pushed the Hamer name around quite a bit for the past 2 years (and yes - italian guitarists are rediscovering the H name once again!!) ... the equivalent - adjusted for import taxes + shipping - of $700.

Out went the original SDs (sorry Seymour - they really sucked) in went a set of Lollar P90s.

And now - this baby ROCKS...sweet lord, does she rock!!

Happy sunday, everyone :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/uncle_groove/111273711/

111273711_8dca96af70.jpg

That is as schweet as a horses nutsack!

You scored! And if it's dead mint I'd say 700 is not expensive either.

Is that TV Yellow or some other color. Usually TVY looks disgusting to me, but that doesn't look so bad :D.

Dunno really.

Store owner insists it was "white" (poss. BS IMHO) but then mutated to this tone of butter-cream-yellow.

It's ok I guess...not my firstest choice :D , but then again you just can't walk into a place over here and find the whole catalogue of NOS Hamers just hanging there.

But the Tone just beats any consideration over color, so....... :D

JJ

Forgot to ask bro, does it have the thin neck or medium neck? 93`s go both ways. Jack.

on my 10 inch handspan scale I'd call it a medium...definitely not skinny.

To me "regular" would mean a '59 Lester neck - a fact which puts most smaller necks in the "electric mandolin" category :D

Archived