Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hard to be surprised, after being onboard the HFC for all those years.

But: This one from Reverb hit me like lightning (sic).

Never seen an iteration of a wellknown shape like that before.

Is it really calling my name? Regarding the name of the shop, it well might be, what you think?

https://reverb.com/item/35517126-1997-hamer-archtop-korina-one-off-usa?utm_content=feed_listings&utm_source=braze&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Feed-Email&utm_term=Feed Email

Breathtaking! No aff., just stoked.

97 Archtop K.jpg

I have not been on the HFC as long as many of you have  but I have looked a lots of Hamers and I can not recall seeing one like that before. and from the listing it is a one off....................not sure if I like or not  but don't hate it. Surprised I guess that Hamer would do that after hearing so many stories here on the HFC of submissions for custom builds that were turned down.

Yeah..,that one is freaking incredible. Love everything about it..especially the pickup complement. If the bridge splits, you have the most versatile guitar out there. A true Swiss Army Knife.

That guitar has been on Reverb for a while (9 months) and it’s good to see that the price has come down a bit.

Looking closely at the photos, the body appears to be one piece. If not, the grain is very well matched at the seam. Even more amazing is that the neck (other than the headstock wings) also appears to be one piece — follow the dark grain line that starts at the tip of the headstock as it meanders to the left — you’d think that the middle piece of a 3 piece neck would not be that wide.

image.jpeg.ab6b737ce9e819313068da1ba6608372.jpeg

comments?

I think the 3-pc neck seams may be visible just to the left of the 4 in the serial, and to the right of the 2.  

But my vision is deteriorating rapidly, I could be seeing things.

I wonder what the switching is since it has a 3-way toggle. Blending pickups, push/pull knobs, etc...

4 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Surprised I guess that Hamer would do that after hearing so many stories here on the HFC of submissions for custom builds that were turned down.

Jol was OK about doing pretty much any custom order... except when asked to do a different headstock shape. He gave tons of options in his standard models too, but never touched that headtsock.

Hamer does not exist anymore, so it's easy to see how that strategy turned out. :(

Archived