Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Any Hamer “trilogies” out there?

@bubs_42’s post in the Shishkov section about completing his trilogy made me think of this. 

I still need to complete my Mirage Trilogy by getting another maple top. Still kicking myself for selling the one I had years ago. Had I not done that, the trilogy would be complete. 

I’ve often thought of a Talladega Trilogy. Getting a Pro and an Earthen to go with my original/amateur Tally. 

Then I thought about the Hamer Korina trilogy: standard, vector, Junior... 

Anyone else on here have, had, or want a trilogy of Hamers?  What’s yours…?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a Monaco trio - Monaco, SuperPro and Monaco III - but I can't seem to warm up to the Monaco III for some reason.  And I've had three of them.  

Just now, kizanski said:

I had a Monaco trio - Monaco, SuperPro and Monaco III - but I can't seem to warm up to the Monaco III for some reason.  And I've had three of them.  

Ooh…. NICE!

Wonder if anyone has had a Newport trio…. Newport, pro and Birdseye or the elusive P90…

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

Monaco Elite?!!

1 hour ago, 0054 said:

Monaco Elite?!!

@kizanskihates the MonEl. He thinks it’s hideous. Thanks for opening that wound…

21 minutes ago, foodermon said:

only 2 of 3 on that exact Korina trio you mention.  but managed to put together my boomer trio a few years back (ebony, maple, RW - braz).  🙂

Boomer Trifecta 2.jpg

Boomer trio!!!  YES!!! And I remember that Monaco. Love everything about it. Maple fretboard? Love it. Sustain block? Love it. Single cut? LOVE it!

40 minutes ago, kizanski said:

lol - Don't start! 

Monaco Elite aint Elitist enuff, welp then we wallop him with the monaco subtone.

Howzabout a trio plus one? 12vers:

Newport

DuoTone

Chapparal

Eclipse

Or a plus 2 if you include one 12 string bass.

Only two left.

This photo was taken in July 2006.  I still own the middle one.  The orange one was sold to my nephew, and the natural one resides at a friend's house.  Said friend also owns a black that used to be mine, and I let my seafoam one go a few years back.  I can't believe I only own one T-51.

T-51s-front-flash.jpg

3 minutes ago, BruceM said:

This photo was taken in July 2006.  I still own the middle one.  The orange one was sold to my nephew, and the natural one resides at a friend's house.  Said friend also owns a black that used to be mine, and I let my seafoam one go a few years back.  I can't believe I only own one T-51.

T-51s-front-flash.jpg

I had a T-51 once. Wasn’t really into Teles then and sold it when I got my Talladega. Love Teles now and kinda wish I had it back…

13 minutes ago, django49 said:

Howzabout a trio plus one? 12vers:

Newport

DuoTone

Chapparal

Eclipse

Or a plus 2 if you include one 12 string bass.

Only two left.

A quad?!!

or a sextuplet…. Even better…

I had 3 different Atrtist's, still have 2, a Korina P90 I love, and a Cherryburst maple top w Gravelin AlNiCo 4 pup's wound for it, think Skynard on steriods! The other was a Custom, I couldn't hang with binding on the neck. I probly have 20+ guitars and the only one with a bound neck is a Newport 12 string! 

11 minutes ago, Dutchman said:

I had 3 different Atrtist's, still have 2, a Korina P90 I love, and a Cherryburst maple top w Gravelin AlNiCo 4 pup's wound for it, think Skynard on steriods! The other was a Custom, I couldn't hang with binding on the neck. I probly have 20+ guitars and the only one with a bound neck is a Newport 12 string! 

Totally get it. I only have one bound neck left. I just prefer the feel of an unbound neck. 

As far as the artists, I do miss my Artist Korina HB at times. If I had it back I might try to get an artist with p90’s (either a Korina or vanguard) and a mid 90’s artist with a wraptail. That would be my artist trilogy…

Oh, and the neck 59 I had josh rewind for my Mirage 2 has an A4 mag in it and it’s PERFECT!!!

Just now, Travis said:

Totally get it. I only have one bound neck left. I just prefer the feel of an unbound neck. 

As far as the artists, I do miss my Artist Korina HB at times. If I had it back I might try to get an artist with p90’s (either a Korina or vanguard) and a mid 90’s artist with a wraptail. That would be my artist trilogy…

I forgot about those Artists, now I gotta find one!!!

This photo is from January, 2004.

The orange Phantom Custom was my first ever eBay purchase, I think in 1997?  The price was all of $700.  I wish I wouldn't have sold that one, but I probably wouldn't buy another unless it was in that price range, or < $1K. 

I still own the TV yellow one, although it looks nothing like that now.  It made a trip to Bubs house for a Stikeover, and now sparkles brighter than any rapala.

The tobacco burst one was my favorite finish of any of my guitars for a long time.  I sold that one to Joe many years, and I'd buy it back given the chance.  I don't ever see Joe anymore.

I owned a black one as well, but I sold that one to fund a pink cruisebass.

200401-Phantoms.jpg

Shortly after I moved to Minneapolis in 1999 I heard about a Hamer collector who was thinning his stash.  I called him and he invited me to look over a few guitars that he was selling.  I left with the "Seafoam Trio".  A T51, Daytona and Special all with original factory seafoam green paint. All were great guitars.  I sold the T51 to Bruce, not sure if he still has it.

Unfortunately, I don't have photos.

I remember that trio well, Dave.  I sold the T51, mainly because it was so damn heavy.  That guy had a stash of T51s.  I wish I would have bought a few more of his guitars.

1 hour ago, BruceM said:

This photo is from January, 2004.

The orange Phantom Custom was my first ever eBay purchase, I think in 1997?  The price was all of $700.  I wish I wouldn't have sold that one, but I probably wouldn't buy another unless it was in that price range, or < $1K. 

I still own the TV yellow one, although it looks nothing like that now.  It made a trip to Bubs house for a Stikeover, and now sparkles brighter than any rapala.

The tobacco burst one was my favorite finish of any of my guitars for a long time.  I sold that one to Joe many years, and I'd buy it back given the chance.  I don't ever see Joe anymore.

I owned a black one as well, but I sold that one to fund a pink cruisebass.

200401-Phantoms.jpg

Ooh…. Reminds me of the early 80’s Prototype I had years ago. 

In 1995 three of us at the music store got Korina Standards.  Before the run of Korina Vectors we got three Korina Specials made in 1996.  Then we got the Vectors in 1997.  

The Standards and Vectors have matching numbers in the limited runs.  

I still have my trio of Korina Hamers.

11 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

In 1995 three of us at the music store got Korina Standards.  Before the run of Korina Vectors we got three Korina Specials made in 1996.  Then we got the Vectors in 1997.  

The Standards and Vectors have matching numbers in the limited runs.  

I still have my trio of Korina Hamers.

You are my god…

The common element in my Hamer trio is the Indigo Blue finish. Now if I could find an Indigo Daytona I could have a quartet. But it would have to be a hardtail. I hate trems.

IMG_0686.jpeg

1 minute ago, stobro said:

The common element in my Hamer trio is the Indigo Blue finish. Now if I could find an Indigo Daytona I could have a quartet. But it would have to be a hardtail. I hate trems.

IMG_0686.jpeg

I hate trems, too!

Archived