Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gig pics, it's been awhile; POST YOURS

26 minutes ago, Brooks said:

I recorded our last rehearsal live w/ my handheld Tascam recorder and made a quick demo video;

Bonus points for including "Heading Out to the Highway."  One of the all-time best tunes to try out a Marshall or similar amp.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/14/2021 at 8:54 AM, Brooks said:

The backline was the other bands stuff. I played my pod go thru his plexi (not the friedman), sounded fantastic

I will wear shorts if playing outside during the day like BoogieMKIIA's gig.

BK Ccity 17.jpg

Me too. Too hot and humid in SWFL. My skivvies get moist. Lol.

3 hours ago, rugby1970 said:

Me too. Too hot and humid in SWFL. My skivvies get moist. Lol.

Damn straight. I live in SE PA and we've done outdoor shows that were too f-ing hot to be bothered with some inane notion of proper gig attire. Outdoors gig when the temp is over 80 degrees? Fuggit. Shorts fo' sho'.

* this was taken over 8 years ago.

Shorts.jpg

Great seeing all these.  I sweat so much in the heat, shorts don't make much of a difference, so I go with the long pants.  I played a gig years ago in front of the Hard Rock in Baltimore.  It was over 90 degrees.  The only one who had a problem was the drummer because he was pounding drinks and no water.  He nearly passed out.  Fortunately, one guy's son is a good drummer, so he took over.  

On 6/28/2021 at 12:49 PM, scottcald said:

Great seeing all these.  I sweat so much in the heat, shorts don't make much of a difference, so I go with the long pants.  I played a gig years ago in front of the Hard Rock in Baltimore.  It was over 90 degrees.  The only one who had a problem was the drummer because he was pounding drinks and no water.  He nearly passed out.  Fortunately, one guy's son is a good drummer, so he took over.  

Back in the early 80s I played with a drummer named Mike. Great drummer, but he was also, shall we say, a bit overweight. I'm tellin' ya, that boy could eat. Watching him consume a whole large pizza by himself was like watching tree limbs being thrown into a wood chipper.

In the summer of 1983 we played an outdoor festival in Sulphur, Louisiana - and if you've ever been to southwest Louisiana in the summertime you know that it's not only hot but very, very humid.

At some point during our set I looked back at Mike - who had blond hair and a very light complexion - and his face, neck and head were a bright crimson red. He had an odd, glazed-over expression on his face. I remember calmly thinking, "He's gonna die. Right here, today, on this stage."

Somehow, miraculously, he made it through the day, but I honestly don't know how.

The gigs are slowly coming back. Here's a shot from last Saturday night (with my '90 Archtop).

DL_08 SUIT Alcove 2021-06-26 (2).jpg

I've got another one (with my other band) scheduled for this Saturday, but it's outside and the way the weather forecast looks right now it might be rained out. This November and December we'll be venturing back indoors for the first time since before COVID.

Just played tonight, with my Studio Custom. The Jerry’s restaurant in Paris, KY is celebrating their 60th year in business. This Is my third gig since the first post, three different bands, with the group pictured playing this coming Saturday. A busy summer ahead.  This band is Robert Eskridge and Southern Daze, a single titled “Glasses Up” coming out Friday.

986987D4-4A57-4DFE-9DB7-37B01EC1F1FB.jpeg

It's great to be back out playing.  A couple pics, first is one of our local haunts in Boise and the other is from an out of town gig at the Mill Iron Ranch in Jackson Wyoming.  Cool place, got to play for the locals and the horses, cows, deer, bears and maybe some trout. Best stage ever if you're in to animal parts hanging on the wall.

Sandbar July 2021.jpg

Mill Iron Ranch Wyoming June 2021.jpg

Also, looking at these is weird.  They go from newest to oldest starting back just before I got this stent to Friday night.  I've lost like 30 pounds over that time, so it's like a spring retrospective on the size of my gut.

• 2 weeks later...

Love outdoor shows in the summertime. The local Parks and Rec dept does a summer concert series at the beach. The CRS Band’s 4th time on the bill. Fun night. 

027FADEF-3C20-4219-A1E8-9F65E4387549.jpeg

BACF6207-344C-4E89-8B0B-699E47E94931.jpeg

42 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

Tonight! 

8CF70BDB-5D90-473F-B71F-058A30B391EB.jpeg

Hamer and a Friedman!  Fuck yeah!

16 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

2DCBF527-475A-418C-8451-04DD3287F43D.jpeg

Oh, nice!  My phone wouldn’t zoom in enough to see it that well. Looked like a Studio but now that I know and go back to the original pic, I can see it now. Jealous…

9 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

FAIL!! Come on Travis you can clearly see its as Shishkov. 

Yeah, but then there was this one. And I totally redeemed myself…

This Saturday will be the first gig since late May for my band. One of the guys insisted we post a selfie from last evening's practice to piggyback on our existing social media promo. In one of the pics, I appear to be channeling my inner Eric Clapton, although my GI system was working quite well at the time and I had ripped a couple of my bandmates new assholes  for not having one of the new tunes ready.  Anyway, this one's for you @kizanski

Claptrap.jpg

More pics to come post-gig.

Thanks for sharing all these post covid live pics. Gives me hope. Awesome!

We have our first gig in 1 1/2 weeks. So stoked.  

Archived