Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gig pics, it's been awhile; POST YOURS

Saturday night's gig went well; in fact, it was an incredible turnout. Relatively small bar/restaurant, and about 50 people were there during the soundcheck and ~120 people or so had jammed in there by the time the sun went down early in our first set.  Stage was hot as hell, but that's how it goes during the summers in NC.  Played some ZZ in homage to Dusty and tried out a couple of old Santana tunes.  Crowds are really digging the diversity of the set lists (e.g., the second set started with a an AC/DC tune followed by Alan Parsons Project, Rolling Stones, Bill Withers, Joe Jackson, Sublime, Dwight Yoakam...)

Played my Tele Custom for about 2/3 of the show; my Studio for the other third.  Reminded me that I really need to add a preamp or compression pedal to my board to balance the stark differences in tonal girth between the two guitars.  My ears were ringing by the end (we need to get back to moderating our stage volume), but a good time had by all.  Hope your gigs go just as well, lads.

County Seat August 2021 002.jpg

County Seat August 2021 001.jpg

County Seat August 2021 003.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Benson Winery in Manson Washington is always one of my favorite venues. This is from last Saturday. Other than the fact that it was 104 degrees, it was a great evening. I am second from left. I was thinking about you boys when I opted not to wear shorts.

IMG_9237.jpg

6 hours ago, Camstone said:

I was thinking about you boys when I opted not to wear shorts.

IMG_9237.jpg

Well done! You've prevented the band from looking like the salad bar line at Sizzler (senior discounts, ya know...).

I took a 4 digit out on stage last night. First time I have played one live. It was a fairly big stage. Felt so damn good playin' that thing live. My 4 digits all have killer necks. And they sound and feel incredible. Such great guitars!

3 hours ago, Disturber said:

I took a 4 digit out on stage last night. First time I have played one live. It was a fairly big stage. Felt so damn good playin' that thing live. My 4 digits all have killer necks. And they sound and feel incredible. Such great guitars!

I can’t “like” this post enough…

image.gif

22 hours ago, Brooks said:

Wife was out of town tonight, and I haven't seen my boy DavidB and his kickarse band the Terrible 2s in awhile...

T2s 8-21  (1).JPG

T2s 8-21  (3).JPG

T2s 8-21  (4).JPG

T2s 8-21  (5).JPG

T2s 8-21  (7).JPG

That is one band that NEVER disappoints!  I’ve got to plan one of my next NC trips around one of their shows.

We never really stopped performing during Covid. We just slowed down a bit. We have been playing consistently since March. Here's a shot from the Blues jam that we hosted last Sunday the 8th at a great place called Gruene Grove in Gruene, Texas. 

GG SABS Jam.jpg

Not gigging, but I got together with my old band mates from 35 years ago on Saturday.  Our usual singer lives in California and could not attend, so we brought in a friend of the drummer's on girl vocal and my brother on boy vocals.  We played about a dozen songs that we'd planned on: No Doubt, The Cars, Elvis Costello, The Police, Joe Jackson, Graham Parker.  Then when we ran out of those, we went off script and jammed through whatever songs somebody thought up off the top of their heads, whether we knew 'em or not.   My brother did an admirable job, considering this was the first time he sang live with a band, at age 60.  (He record the vocal for our recorded cover of Dangerous  Type last fall.)  Jeanine is an experienced singer, but this was the first time four of us had met her.

Then out for dinner, then back for more music.  Then the core band minus singers went to the bassist's house for drinking.  A good time was had by all.

The whole gang;

spacer.png

2/3 of the band, plus my brother's legs.

spacer.png

Fat old guy with Hamer.

spacer.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Zombie thread revival alert...

Played a private party this weekend at a country club.  Yooge covered stage with ample power supplied by the quietest industrial generator I've ever witnessed. Used a '93 Studio for ~50% of the set.  Sounded glorious through my Supersonic 22 set on ~4.5.  If you look very closely in the daytime pic at the bottom, you might be able to see the new HFC t-shirt hanging on the back of the tent. Tone to the Bone, you know?

Good time was had by all.  Now, it's your turn, lads.  Post some updated pics. 

IMG_2175.jpg

248326508_4947576615267137_5013895846696342588_n.jpg

247626755_4947576838600448_3583066859447405748_n.jpg

1 hour ago, Biz Prof said:

Zombie thread revival alert...

Played a private party this weekend at a country club.  Yooge covered stage with ample power supplied by the quietest industrial generator I've ever witnessed. Used a '93 Studio for ~50% of the set.  Sounded glorious through my Supersonic 22 set on ~4.5.  If you look very closely in the daytime pic at the bottom, you might be able to see the new HFC t-shirt hanging on the back of the tent. Tone to the Bone, you know?

Good time was had by all.  Now, it's your turn, lads.  Post some updated pics. 

IMG_2175.jpg

248326508_4947576615267137_5013895846696342588_n.jpg

247626755_4947576838600448_3583066859447405748_n.jpg

Never mind the HFC t-shirt. What’s with Pickle Rick…?

27 minutes ago, Travis said:

Never mind the HFC t-shirt. What’s with Pickle Rick…?

Not sure, but I'm guessing it's something to do with an animated TV series/character.  My bandmate's son is on the spectrum and his serious interest/obsession/expertise is old movies and animated features. 

1 hour ago, hamerhead said:

From July, so not real recent. Probably the final gig for this band...

DSCN0233s.jpgDSCN0229s.jpgDSCN0265s.jpg

Thanks for wearing pants…. 😜

Archived