Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hermida Ported 1x12 REALLY HARD TO FIND

I owned the Hermida 2x12 ported cab for a while and ran EVM12Ls in it.  Glorious tones, really let the voice of the amp come through in all frequencies.  Sold it with the amp I had paired it with and the current owner is still over the moon with it, several years later.  The downside?  With the EVMs it must have weighed 60+ lbs.

46 minutes ago, G Man said:

I owned the Hermida 2x12 ported cab for a while and ran EVM12Ls in it.  Glorious tones, really let the voice of the amp come through in all frequencies.  Sold it with the amp I had paired it with and the current owner is still over the moon with it, several years later.  The downside?  With the EVMs it must have weighed 60+ lbs.

But now Emi makes a NEO 12L. 

I still have the Fuchs 2 x 12 I got from you. It is a great one. I cannot recall which speakers I have mounted. I should dig it out. I have not even used it for a long time since I started building my own cabs with a few different twists.

Def worth the search!

2 minutes ago, django49 said:

I still have the Fuchs 2 x 12 I got from you. It is a great one. I cannot recall which speakers I have mounted. I should dig it out. I have not even used it for a long time since I started building my own cabs with a few different twists.

Def worth the search!

One of the black ones? The blonde one was a Feiten Cab, also super hard to find. I had two black Fuchs Cabs, one with a removable solid back and the other had a three piece back. The three piece back was cool but didn't work well if you made it semi open backed. I had to plug the ports if I did that, because there was zero cabinet pressure if I didn't. 

15 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

One of the black ones? The blonde one was a Feiten Cab, also super hard to find. I had two black Fuchs Cabs, one with a removable solid back and the other had a three piece back. The three piece back was cool but didn't work well if you made it semi open backed. I had to plug the ports if I did that, because there was zero cabinet pressure if I didn't. 

It is black with wood trim on the front. Solid closed back. On top of everything else, it is a perfect match for a D-style (Vumble) oval opening back (set on top of it) with a Celestion CL-80. Exact width to match. Great tight closed back tone, with the added openness of the semi-open top. Great combination.

If I had not built the Forte 3D replicas, this wold be my "go to" set up.

Archived