Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2am GC Hunting: Sewell Wampus Cat.

You literally have to go through GC's whole used inventory if you wan to hunt cool gear. So after work last night I did just that, and this came up. Doug made some freaking kick arse amps before going to PRS. The PRS amps are cool too, don't get me wrong. Hand Made, one at a time for the customer and sometimes tweaked for the customer. Thats is cool stuff in my book. 

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/In-Store-Used/Used-SEWELL-WAMPUS-CAT-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head.gc

10 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

And again with the usual great pics and details. Dumbasses.

Now you understand how your wife feels. She too expects it to get bigger after she taps on it, but the end result is the same. TINY PICTURE. LOL 

On 6/17/2021 at 11:42 AM, bubs_42 said:

You literally have to go through GC's whole used inventory if you wan to hunt cool gear. So after work last night I did just that, and this came up. Doug made some freaking kick arse amps before going to PRS. The PRS amps are cool too, don't get me wrong. Hand Made, one at a time for the customer and sometimes tweaked for the customer. Thats is cool stuff in my book. 

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/In-Store-Used/Used-SEWELL-WAMPUS-CAT-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head.gc

The Recording Amps introduced at PRS Experience 2010 were hand-voiced by Doug and Paul, according to Doug using a mix of cheap and expensive parts to get the tones they wanted. Really yummy sounds.

23 hours ago, hamerhead said:

And again with the usual great pics and details. Dumbasses.

GC has always been astonishingly, embarrassingly bad with their online approach. Guitar nerds should stop rewarding them with their business.

On 6/18/2021 at 11:21 AM, burningyen said:

I used to lust after their 1x15" combos. Never did get to try one.

Never underestimate the 1x15"!  I have a Polytone Mini Brute IV amp that I love, love, love!  When you can find these on the used market, they are usually criminally underpriced. 

polytone_minibrute.jpg

Archived