Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Cali elite custom 91

Good deal…for the seller only if he gets that price!  😆

About 9 months ago I had been looking for something similar to a Rand, and discovered the Calis. There were a few that had been sitting on Reverb for a while but I hadn't discovered HFC yet so I didn't realize the prices were ok. Since they were sitting, I thought maybe they were overpriced. Wish those were still popping up now because I'd have no hesitation pulling the trigger on some of those. The rare times they popup no, they're all 3k+ it seems. While I can afford that, the 2 I have will have to do until I can find one at a reasonable price again. My Cali Standard is awesome, but I've just got to have another with boomers! Looks like no one's really selling them anymore. 😕

4 minutes ago, richardt4520 said:

Looks like no one's really selling them anymore. 😕

Probably, this is why they r over priced🤔

Ask here in the HFC , u never know....

1 hour ago, pablo said:

Probably, this is why they r over priced🤔

Ask here in the HFC , u never know....

Hey Pablo, i thought about that but i figured when someone's ready they'll throw one up. I do have a pair and they are just sick guitars, so i'm not in a huge hurry. Maybe i'll just get a green or purple sparkle repaint on the black standard body to make it pop more. The first Hamers i saw when i was playing clubs at 19 were played by a guy in another local band and they had boomers. So for some reason, Hamer superstrats without them always look like theyre missing something to me without them. My standard is a killer guitar so maybe fixing it up with a repaint, or just swapping the black hardware for gold will make it stick out a little more. The wife is pushing polka dots but i cant do that to that poor beast!

1 hour ago, richardt4520 said:

Hey Pablo, i thought about that but i figured when someone's ready they'll throw one up. I do have a pair and they are just sick guitars, so i'm not in a huge hurry. Maybe i'll just get a green or purple sparkle repaint on the black standard body to make it pop more. The first Hamers i saw when i was playing clubs at 19 were played by a guy in another local band and they had boomers. So for some reason, Hamer superstrats without them always look like theyre missing something to me without them. My standard is a killer guitar so maybe fixing it up with a repaint, or just swapping the black hardware for gold will make it stick out a little more. The wife is pushing polka dots but i cant do that to that poor beast!

With all my respect to u, all you r telling us is a way to hide how much you want an elite, and (in my little experience) if you do all u say, plus the $ u need for that, you will be happy in the begginings but : in the final you dont have the elite you want and u will have a refin standard (

Why you dont sell the standard and agree the money of repaint and hardware , and may be some bucks more and buy a real elite? 

Ask here for trade, you dint lose nothing, you can deal in the HFC with ( almost) your eyes closed. 

Dont touch the standard,  and give time for your dreams come true,

its only my opinion at the end, you must do what make u happy

3 hours ago, pablo said:

With all my respect to u, all you r telling us is a way to hide how much you want an elite, and (in my little experience) if you do all u say, plus the $ u need for that, you will be happy in the begginings but : in the final you dont have the elite you want and u will have a refin standard (

Why you dont sell the standard and agree the money of repaint and hardware , and may be some bucks more and buy a real elite? 

Ask here for trade, you dint lose nothing, you can deal in the HFC with ( almost) your eyes closed. 

Dont touch the standard,  and give time for your dreams come true,

its only my opinion at the end, you must do what make u happy

I get what you're saying! I actually have an Elite. I bought the one that Dave's had up for sale in that post about all the Hamers that were put up for sale at once. I always keep around 1 guitar for my main guitar and I keep a backup that's the same/similar make and model so if I break a string in the middle of a set I can keep going without readjusting to an entirely different guitar. I don't usually keep any more guitars around than that. So it's not entirely necessary for me to have another Elite as a backup and more of a vanity want, more than anything.  The standard really plays fantastic-just a tiny bit better than the Elite so I really should just be quiet and enjoy it. These things are super-addictive though!

While  I can’t say for certain,  there’s a couple of things that look or seem a little off about this. That neck heel doesn’t look quite right to me and a lack of any serial number shown or listed also concerns me. If I read it correctly, it doesn’t have an OHSC? 🤔

19 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

While  I can’t say for certain,  there’s a couple of things that look or seem a little off about this. That neck heel doesn’t look quite right to me and a lack of any serial number shown or listed also concerns me. If I read it correctly, it doesn’t have an OHSC? 🤔

Perhaps an Ed Roman "Hamer"?

29 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

Perhaps an Ed Roman "Hamer"?

Seems like an awful lot of effort to bring over an Ed Roman copy and re-sell in Russia but it's possible. 

18 hours ago, scottcald said:

Nothing an overabundance of packing peanuts can't solve. 

And tape.  Lots and lots of tape…

On 6/20/2021 at 7:56 PM, richardt4520 said:

I get what you're saying! I actually have an Elite. I bought the one that Dave's had up for sale in that post about all the Hamers that were put up for sale at once. I always keep around 1 guitar for my main guitar and I keep a backup that's the same/similar make and model so if I break a string in the middle of a set I can keep going without readjusting to an entirely different guitar. I don't usually keep any more guitars around than that. So it's not entirely necessary for me to have another Elite as a backup and more of a vanity want, more than anything.  The standard really plays fantastic-just a tiny bit better than the Elite so I really should just be quiet and enjoy it. These things are super-addictive though!

JUST TWO GUITARS??? You need therapy, man. 

On 6/20/2021 at 11:57 PM, topekatj said:

Beautiful! Let’s all fly to Moscow to check it out! 

Good night life too!

58 minutes ago, devrock said:

JUST TWO GUITARS??? You need therapy, man. 

Hey Devrock I'm working on it but everyone's holding onto their Calis right now! 😆 I got into the game too late! haha

36 minutes ago, ptm1diver said:

If it’s in Moscow, offer 350 roubles.  

I get the joke but seriously, all the ones I'm seeing there are more like 350000 rubles (usually 20000-250000 though). So they just sit. I mean, no one here is going to pay $4500 for one. No idea why they'd think someone there would. Seems like they're just posting stuff with no real intent to sell

Archived