Hamer Fan Club Message Center

SOLD - Red BCR Hamer Junior

This happens every time I place a WTB ad at HFC. I wanted a lightweight Junior. No leads. Ad goes quiet. Then weeks or months later I get a msg regarding a red BCR, I buy it. Very exciting. Then a couple weeks later I get a msg about an orange BCR, I buy it because I love orange guitars (like many here that are attracted to blue guitars that sound better). Now I find myself with two Juniors. The guitars are amazingly similar, especially the neck carve, but orange wins with me. Long story short - the members at HFC rock!

The Red BCR Junior: Excellent used condition. For pushing 20 years old, this guitar has seen very little play, IMO. Frets are in great shape. The '59 profile neck measures .88 at the first fret. The guitar weighs about 6 lbs 14 oz. Black Hamer case is in great shape. I can email more photos if you're interested. I was told this guitar is #4 of the 6 red BCR Jr's. No certificate. Photo by the previous owner.

SOLD.

YNhzTC5.jpg

1 minute ago, atomicwash said:

This happens every time I place a WTB ad at HFC. I wanted a lightweight Junior. No leads. Ad goes quiet. Then weeks or months later I get a msg regarding a red BCR, I buy it. Very exciting. Then a couple weeks later I get a msg about an orange BCR, I buy it because I love orange guitars (like many here that are attracted to blue guitars that sound better). Now I find myself with two Juniors. The guitars are amazingly similar, especially the neck carve, but orange wins with me. Long story short - the members at HFC rock!

The Red BCR Junior: Excellent used condition. For pushing 20 years old, this guitar has seen very little play, IMO. Frets are in great shape. The '59 profile neck measures .88 at the first fret. The guitar weighs about 6 lbs 14 oz. Black Hamer case is in great shape. I can email more photos if you're interested. I was told this guitar is #4 of the 6 red BCR Jr's. No certificate. Photo by the previous owner.

I need $1575 plus PP fees and shipping. PP gift is okay and lose the fees. Email for additional photos: atomicwash AT yah** dot com.

YNhzTC5.jpg

FFFFUUUUUUUCCKKKK…..!!!!

image.gif

That is SWEET!

I was thinking the BCR's had sustain blocks for some reason. What is the difference between the BCR's and regular Juniors?

17 minutes ago, DaveH said:

That is SWEET!

I was thinking the BCR's had sustain blocks for some reason. What is the difference between the BCR's and regular Juniors?

I remember that the headstocks were a different thickness than the Korina Juniors. I thought the wraparound bridge was different as well. And obviously all mahogany construction instead of limbs/korina…

Don’t remember the other differences. 

Ok…. Found this upon searching. Direct from the guy who had them built…

All 6 were from the same light weight board of Mahogany, and they had vintage style 3 on a plate tuners(that I supplied) on a correct thickness headstock, chunky necks, and a not-quite-correct-but-close TV finish. I sold them all in an instant, and we ordered 6 more in Cherry and 4 more in Vintage Orange. Hamer ended up making the guitar a model based on my ability to sell them, but they used Korina (that was rather heavy on some) and used the regular headstock and Grovers or those horrible Schaller Keystone tuners

6 hours ago, DaveH said:

This might be why, Dave:

HamerheadJr.jpg

I post it... a lot.....sorry....

Thinner headstock, strip tuners, fat neck and a Murkat-tweaked P90 = pure rock'n'roll. The Sustain Block? It's a Hamer, ain't it? B)

Danny's price makes his the bargain of the year. It would have been here hours ago if I didn't already have one.

10 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Danny's price makes his the bargain of the year. It would have been here hours ago if I didn't already have one.

Wait till you see where the price goes when I list it on reverb. 😳

Thank god.  I’ve been contemplating this all day.  

I always want to buy  these, but I only need one Hamer jr., plus I think everyone else should have one so I shouldn’t start hoarding them.  

• atomicwash changed the title to SOLD - Red BCR Hamer Junior
On 6/25/2021 at 6:12 PM, hamerhead said:

This might be why, Dave:

HamerheadJr.jpg

I post it... a lot.....sorry....

Thinner headstock, strip tuners, fat neck and a Murkat-tweaked P90 = pure rock'n'roll. The Sustain Block? It's a Hamer, ain't it? B)

Nice! Just curious: Exactly how thin is the headstock on these? The headstock on my Korunior is a hair over 1/2 inch. I suppose every once counts to avoid neck dive on such a light guitar..

15 minutes ago, topekatj said:

Nice! Just curious: Exactly how thin is the headstock on these? The headstock on my Korunior is a hair over 1/2 inch. I suppose every once counts to avoid neck dive on such a light guitar..

Somewhere I have a pic comparing the two side-by-side. Sonic difference for sure, since the Korina had a lot of headstock mass with the thickness and Schallers... (plus the maho vs limba difference)

Both of those are amazing guitars, and special in their own ways.  It took me a year to decide which to keep, but the Korina ultimately paved way to my beautiful Artist Custom.

UJmG0Fd.png

Thin enough that mine is actually the second one they made for me - on the first one they took the truss rod adjustment pocket(?) too deep and it made about a 1" hairline crack in the back of the headstock. It was (IMO) a purely cosmetic imperfection, but a new guitar can't have cracks so back it went. I hope one of the Hamer guys took that one home because it was otherwise perfect.

Just checked - .530" thick by my caliper. Don't know what the regular ones are.

40 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Thin enough that mine is actually the second one they made for me - on the first one they took the truss rod adjustment pocket(?) too deep and it made about a 1" hairline crack in the back of the headstock. It was (IMO) a purely cosmetic imperfection, but a new guitar can't have cracks so back it went. I hope one of the Hamer guys took that one home because it was otherwise perfect.

Just checked - .530" thick by my caliper. Don't know what the regular ones are.

Hi, thanks for checking, and I think I remember when your first guitar had to be scrapped. 
Per my post above the headstock on my Korina junior is a hair over 1/2 inch including the faceplate. I don’t have any other Artists, etc. to check the thickness on other set neck Hamer instruments. Maybe the early Korina juniors have a half inch thick headstock like the BCR’s??

Just checked again - my '81 Special is .63" and my '03 is .67".

So, the BCRs are 1/8" thinner than normal. The Korina ones, too? Didn't know that!

Archived