Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Hamer Talladega SOLD

Here's a pretty cool pair that I really hadn't planned to sell but mama wants new kayaks and these don't float.

Funny observation: I've sold 30ish guitars over the last twelve months which accounted for about half of my stash.  The fewer I own, the fewer I feel like I need.  I also finally got to a number that I could hang and view simultaneously.  It looked ridiculous and helped me realize I owned a lot of guitars that just didn't really fit my style.  Sadly, these do fit but I just don't need them so I'm saying au revoir to two of my three remaining Hamers.

**EDITED TO ADD:  I'll be on the road Sat, Sun, and Mon.  I'll check for messages a couple times a day, but nothing ships "Til Tuesday.

IMG_8898.jpeg

2005 P90 Duotone Custom (ordered and formerly owned by @Camstone and sold last year here)

Not one to leave well enough alone, I sent it to @Jeff R to have nickel parts replace the gold and to have a set of Fralin noiseless P90 pickups installed in place of the Lollar mini-hums.  Initially the pickups had nickel covers but it took away too much from the aesthetic and when combined with the first fret marker it was just too hard to look at.  They're cream now.

I'm strictly play at home (hell, during the fourteen months I've owned it I guess we all were, eh?) so it's essentially in the same material condition as the day I received it aside from one oops along the edge of the rear cavity cover.  Close up photos make it look 10x worse than it is, but I can provide if you like.  It was professionally touched up and unless you're looking for it you probably wouldn't notice it.  Condition is very good with some mild wear from play.  There is a hint of scratchiness when switching from the middle position to the acoustic position when using the stereo jack.  It's only there in the instant you swtich and since I was never bothered by it I never bothered with it.  Ships in OHSC that shows a bit of wear but functions perfectly.

$OLD net to me includes shipping in the lower 48.

IMG_8900.jpegIMG_8908.jpegIMG_8923.jpegIMG_8949.jpegIMG_8946.jpeg

2007 Talladega

I also got this one here somewhere around 7 or 8 years back?

Could use a fret polish but other than that condition is very good with only a few light blems here and there.  Pickups are WB Gregwinds that are wired into a 5-way super-switch.  Switching is 1) B 2) B+N inner coils 3) B+N 4) B+N outer coils 5) N.  The single coil positions have a resistor inline so rather than the 500k pots seen by position 1, 3, & 5, they only see 250k.  If I'm being honest it's an over complicated mess and I primarily use 1, 3, &5 for the traditional dual hum sounds.

This is the last of my Talladegas and my favorite of the three I owned.  It will ship in OHSC along with the original Duncan Double "D" pickups.

$OLD net to me includes shipping in the lower 48.

IMG_8903.jpegIMG_8905.jpegIMG_8921.jpegIMG_8918.jpegIMG_8941.jpeg

A ba ba ba blue Talladega!!! So Sweet! Both are amazing!!! 

Do those Kayaks have inboard motors? Must be some fancy ones!!

• cynic changed the title to FS: Hamer Talladega

I believe that was my Talladega. I bought it with the winnings from the NY Giants win over the NE Patriots in Super Bowl XLII (best SB ever). I named it Big Blue.

I wish that I had never sold it and would love to have it back but can't afford it right now unless my Artist Custom sells.

F*#k me. I was so stupid!!

On 6/28/2021 at 4:05 PM, rugby1970 said:

I believe that was my Talladega. I bought it with the winnings from the NY Giants win over the NE Patriots in Super Bowl XLII (best SB ever). I named it Big Blue.

I wish that I had never sold it and would love to have it back but can't afford it right now unless my Artist Custom sells.

F*#k me. I was so stupid!!

I remember that one. I mailed you when you put it for sale, but I was the 39iest ormso in line… 🤗

• cynic changed the title to FS: Hamer Talladega SOLD

Archived