Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Redwood Studio in FRANCE

That IS a beauty!  I do prefer "Crowns" instead of the VICTORY" inlays on the fingerboard but it a marvelous guitar non the less.

Those are great guitars. Pretty much what started me on my quest for redwood guitars, not least the Shishkov custom order.

Mine is long gone, but I would be very surprised if the bulk of the limited run of these is not in the States.

36 minutes ago, django49 said:

Those are great guitars. Pretty much what started me on my quest for redwood guitars, not least the Shishkov custom order.

Mine is long gone, but I would be very surprised if the bulk of the limited run of these is not in the States.

You had a Huber Redwood Dolphin, too, right?  Any input in differences you noticed between the Hamer, Huber and Shishkov (pickups and bridge notwithstanding)…?

47 minutes ago, tweed said:

Due to the Redwood top, did they "sound" different than maple ? 

12 minutes ago, Travis said:

You had a Huber Redwood Dolphin, too, right?  Any input in differences you noticed between the Hamer, Huber and Shishkov (pickups and bridge notwithstanding)…?

Redwood is a softer wood. It has a "warmer" tone than maple, which tends to be brighter. I think someone said, "Less of a hard rocker, but mellow in a good way". If you can find one, it is a good get. That price seems very fair.

Differences? Yes....The two others are chambered and lighter. Both have korina/black limba bodies and necks. And a wrap tail. And longer scale. I do like them better, such that I could not justify keeping the Hamer. OTOH, they both cost twice as much, so there is that......They both have pickups that (IMO) are well suited to the partially hollow build. The Huber is a single cutaway (based on the Dolphin), the Shishkov double (and with the piezo). Choosing between the two? Very hard. (I just sold my "extra" Huber Redwood. The "other" with the solid BRW neck is a different story for another day).

Someone wiser than me described the Huber Redwood as having, "The voice of the angels". I do think that is as valid a comment as I could make. And one of the reasons it is among the "365 guitars amps and effects you must play". A good read.

8 hours ago, alextazy said:

https://www.zikinf.com/annonces/annonce-1953017

another one that american HFC members will NOT have 😉

no affiliation but let me know if I can help, I may be tempted if I get my bonus...

hamer-studio-custom-3413708.jpg

Would you please stop these PSAs! They are harmful for my bank account ;)

Thankfully I already have one of these fantastic Redwoods.

So please grab it yourself!!! It's a great price, especially in Europe.

No I won't stop for all of the beautiful Tallies that our american fellows didn't want to sell to me ! this is my revenge in the name of Euro HFC members, I hope they also suffer!

🙂

Ok, after a little search on Hamer Redwood info, now I'm on the hunt. May take awhile, but keepin' my eye balls peeled. Didn't care much for red guitars before, so probably missed one.   Geez, the things you didn't know before, right !!!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, belgian said:

What was the Euro price?

As of 8/24/21, listed for 3000€.......It is #21 of only 30 made. Sure wish I could grab one here in the U.S. 

Wonder why there's  a California license  plate pictured with it ?

Archived