Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Jam over the internet with no latency

This looks promising. Where the hell was this at the start of 2020 when I really needed it? :P

Clever. Of course there is lag, they have figured a way to sync sound on each end.

The 10 ms ping requirement could be an issue for some. I will need to check mine.

Cost is an issue if you would use only now and then. $15 per month plus $400 for the box. Not bad if you used it often.

There was a software I and some former bandmates were going to try out, but two of the guys are less than low tech, so it couldn't really be explored. It required you be in a specific geographic circle of each other.  This looks interesting.  

31 minutes ago, Stike said:

Last band I was in was an hour drive to the practice space, I would have killed for that.

And miss out on the fart jokes & free BBQ?!?

1 hour ago, Brooks said:

And miss out on the fart jokes & free BBQ?!?

Fart jokes work over zoom.😄

3 hours ago, Stike said:

Last band I was in was an hour drive to the practice space, I would have killed for that.

Years ago my band's drummer was a park ranger.  Me and the guitar player would ride fifteen miles to jam at the drummer's cabin, and the next practice would be at my house.  The drummer transferred to another state park 75 miles away.  We still traveled back and forth.  It helped having two drum sets to cut down on having to move gear back and forth.  Yes, it was a lot of travel time, but we had fun.

14 hours ago, Stike said:

Fart jokes work over zoom.😄

And BBQ delivers.

I use digital media every day at my 8-5.  For several months, that was the only medium I used to communicate with colleagues. Like Kiz and many others here, at this juncture, I am as enthused about doing things virtually via Zoom/Meet/etc as Eric Clapton was playing his iconic Epiphone LP.  The one thing I have enjoyed for much of the duration of the pandemic is getting together with my bandmates in a face-to-face setting (albeit temperature-checked, physically dispersed a bit more than normal, and more recently, fully vaccinated).  Suffice to say that this looks like a really cool upgrade for some players (and appropriate, based on their individual situations), but for me, I'd demand that someone pay my bandmates and me $400 each to jam virtually in lieu of playing together in the same room. 

Archived