Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Vectors at Seattle Thunder Road

I've  been looking for a korina Vector for a good while now.  Too bad about those prices.  I noticed for some reason they used the same pic of the back of the headstock for both guitars - same serial number.  All the other pics appear to be different.

Nothing's like a Hamer, but for anyone looking - I've been very happy with my '16 Momose MFV.

All handmade. Great build and quality, if you're up for shopping the Japan market.  They come up from time to time. Got mine over here for ~1800 total.

That's crackhead territory on the Vector prices, but even fair market is getting pretty high these days...

(the Phat Cats were a previous owner mod; its running a set of Seth Lovers now)

rqsjhcf.jpg

rKKaWZV.jpg

9 hours ago, tommy p said:

I've  been looking for a korina Vector for a good while now.  Too bad about those prices.  I noticed for some reason they used the same pic of the back of the headstock for both guitars - same serial number.  All the other pics appear to be different.

Probably just got the pics mixed up. I understand they came as a pair. I figure the price for one would probably be pretty decent... for the pair. 

14 hours ago, Ua D said:

So I guess the seller, after not selling them on Reverb,  decided to put them on consignment at a store for a huge markup so the store can make money too.  Solid plan. 🙄

On 7/6/2021 at 9:01 AM, tommy p said:

So I guess the seller, after not selling them on Reverb,  decided to put them on consignment at a store for a huge markup so the store can make money too.  Solid plan. 🙄

The old reverb listings were from another shop (Mahar's Vintage Guitars). I understand Thunder Road got them at the Tacoma Guitar show... might have swapped some inventory or something, just to keep fresh things in the store. Good tactic... wrong price.

On 7/2/2021 at 6:04 PM, chromium said:

Nothing's like a Hamer, but for anyone looking - I've been very happy with my '16 Momose MFV.

All handmade. Great build and quality, if you're up for shopping the Japan market.  They come up from time to time. Got mine over here for ~1800 total.

That's crackhead territory on the Vector prices, but even fair market is getting pretty high these days...

(the Phat Cats were a previous owner mod; its running a set of Seth Lovers now)

rqsjhcf.jpg

rKKaWZV.jpg

I did not need to know those exist. 

32 minutes ago, LucSulla said:

I did not need to know those exist. 

Oh, they exist, Jerry!

This Bacchus was built in the same shop. Huuuuuge neck, so off it went...

IMG_0036.jpg

Also had a mahogany version:

IMG_0056.jpg

Archived