Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD Incoming T51!!! I’s here!

I have an incoming T51 from @0054that has been owned by @bubs_42and @Toadroller. I sold my Tele type 2 years ago to start saving for 0117, but I could not turn this one down….should be here within a week or so. Will post more then. Just wanted to share my excitement.

Happy Independence Day weekend!!

Couldn't go to a better guy!
Had to wait for pickups from Josh, LOL, what? Yup, I sold it before pickups I ordered for em got put in!

DIBS~!!!

This one has a non stock bridge that is more tele like. My favorite Hamer of my three.

Congrats!! I tried two other T51's before I bought the latest from Butcher. Finally found  one I can bond with. Great guitars. Play in good health.

I love the trad Tele 3 brass barrel bridge and the Gravelin early 50s  Broadcaster A3 set is my absolute fave Tele pickup era. 
As long as I get on with the neck, it’s a keeper.

• Jakeboy changed the title to NHD Incoming T51!!! I’s here!

Well now, it arrived and is a keeper! GREAT neck and the refret looks and feels perfect!  It came with a Duncan Jerry Donahue in the bridge and I must say, that is a great sounding pickup…but I love an A3 in a Tele bridge so I installed the supplied Gravelin Broadcaster set,  installed 10s, intonated and tweaked the action for the lighter gauge strings and YOWZA this is a perfect Tele. Player grade and smooth as silk. I have missed having a Tele for 2 years. Natural swamp ash with rosewood board and tort pick guard.  Average weight, not heavy at all. Braden 3 brass barrel bridge is a mod that is how a Tele should be, IMO.
Neck feels like a vintage carve. I love the rounded body edges and crazy tight and precise neck pocket. Like my  CruiseBass, this is indeed an improved , dare I say perfected Fender type?

Thanks to @0054for a great deal and smooth transaction.  Pics later.

13 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

Well now, it arrived and is a keeper! GREAT neck and the refret looks and feels perfect!  It came with a Duncan Jerry Donahue in the bridge and I must say, that is a great sounding pickup…but I love an A3 in a Tele bridge so I installed the supplied Gravelin Broadcaster set,  installed 10s, intonated and tweaked the action for the lighter gauge strings and YOWZA this is a perfect Tele. Player grade and smooth as silk. I have missed having a Tele for 2 years. Natural swamp ash with rosewood board and tort pick guard.  Average weight, not heavy at all. Braden 3 brass barrel bridge is a mod that is how a Tele should be, IMO.
Neck feels like a vintage carve. I love the rounded body edges and crazy tight and precise neck pocket. Like my  CruiseBass, this is indeed an improved , dare I say perfected Fender type?

Thanks to @0054for a great deal and smooth transaction.  Pics later.

PICS!!! PICS!!! PICS!!!

The Hamer urelac on this guitar has the appearance and feel of a worn 70s Fender slathered in urethane….but it isn’t.  I am amazed at how well this one plays. Just effortless.

2 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

1A2E1D39-4D8E-4D9F-A0DE-7921B3604337.jpeg

EF495972-AD15-4D3C-AA4D-B06EF3C9B920.jpeg

06A02E42-8266-40E6-89FD-4D5E31C05382.jpeg

Boner. LOVE the three saddle bridge!

btw, what’s that amp…?

@travis, that amp is a Top Hat Supreme Sixteen that I scored recently after an unexpected work bonus fell into my lap. Has an incredible ef86 channel and a full eq channel that is kind of an improved AC15…does Top Boost and Normal. The addition of a mid control allows the eq side to do BF Fender, Vox, and very Marshally  tones. The 86 side is just pure rock. This one needs no OD pedals except for flavoring. The amp on the floor under the cover is the Valvetech Vac25 that I bought from @0054about a year ago. I do want to run the T51 through the Vac, but OMG it just sounds so perfect in the Hat. The neck is just right.

The Gravelin early 50s A3 Broadcaster set is my fave Tele era set. The neck is clear and powerful and not muddy at all….I will try it with a treble booster soon, tho…the bridge does ROCK to clean and has plenty of Tele twang if wanted. But it wants to rock. Overdrives amps quickly, almost like a good p90. 
And the middle position has all the chimey cluck you could want. 

On 7/3/2021 at 11:30 PM, Jakeboy said:

Cannot wait!!!

Welp. I am really paranoid about shipping in general, guitars even more so. I admit to packing, keeping it and pondering if it is enuff, on top of a very busy after work life...

Sigh of relief it got there, and it is appreciated. It worked its way to being my favorite Hamer. It is used, modified, refretted and rude, in all the best ways. This guitar has lived to what it was intended to be!

Dibs!

Archived