Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD: A more than nice Vector from France

@alextazypostet that "costly" PSA a few weeks ago, and I was on fire at once. I could not resist this "out of this world" Vector. I contacted the seller (Hi Jerome, thanks again for everything!) who was very nice, trustworthy and helpful to get the guitar to Germany.

What a wonderful Hamer: almost like new, a perfect big neck, extremely lightweight, immaculate workmanship (as expected) and a pleasure to look at. The V-shape and the Victory inlays on ebony are a perfect match, at least to me.  And it sounds as a "V" should ...  

I still can't believe it ... 

A few pics for your pleasure

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I can only concur with what my forum brothers have posted already…

wow, that’s gorgeous and very, very cool…

Beautiful guitar, truly world-class.

Every so often I see these amazing guitars that came out of New Hartford...it's kind of a gut-punch.

Damned shame that Hamer was shut down. As Paul Weller once sang, "there's no time for dreams when commerce calls."

Way to go!!

19 hours ago, boundandcrowned said:

@alextazypostet that "costly" PSA a few weeks ago, and I was on fire at once. I could not resist this "out of this world" Vector. I contacted the seller (Hi Jerome, thanks again for everything!) who was very nice, trustworthy and helpful to get the guitar to Germany.

What a wonderful Hamer: almost like new, a perfect big neck, extremely lightweight, immaculate workmanship (as expected) and a pleasure to look at. The V-shape and the Victory inlays on ebony are a perfect match, at least to me.  And it sounds as a "V" should ...  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Truly a fantastic looking instrument!

Is the back side of the neck and body (as well as the body edges) painted black? It’s hard to tell with the reflection off the leather banquette.

1 hour ago, topekatj said:

Truly a fantastic looking instrument!

Is the back side of the neck and body (as well as the body edges) painted black? It’s hard to tell with the reflection off the leather banquette.

Indeed, the backside and the body edges are painted opaque black which was a surprise to me, too. I expected trans black. I think they did it to hide the poor wood quality :ph34r: :ph34r::ph34r:

spacer.png

1 minute ago, boundandcrowned said:

Indeed, the backside and the body edges are painted opaque black which was a surprise to me, too. I expected trans black. I think they did it to hide the poor wood quality :ph34r: :ph34r::ph34r:

spacer.png

The nickel hardware ‘makes it’!

7 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Whoever originally ordered that Vector from Hamer chose just the right options. 

It was made for Willcutt's! The original owner bought it from there. There is at least one other one with the same specs and color, funnily enough also in France (found an old offering in Google).

"I think they did it to hide the poor wood quality"

yes.... "poor wood".... looks like you'll have to dump it.... fortunately I can step in to help soften the hit. no need to thank me... its kind of thing I do to alleviate the sufferings of fellow man

On 7/6/2021 at 1:56 AM, boundandcrowned said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Herzlichen Glückwunsch. Ich hatte auch stark überlegt, die Victory-Inlays haben mich dann abgehalten. Ist die V massiv Ahorn oder ist das nur ein Furnier? Ich gehe davon aus, dass sie monstermäßig klingt. Alles richtig gemacht und der Preis war super! Gruß und viel Spaß 

Archived