Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Sooooo this is about to go down!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, BoogieMKIIA said:

Fishing for a scam?

Fishing for offers, and whether they were or not their inbox is filling up with offers from guys here looking to still get a good deal while paying just a little bit more than the others.

I have lucked into deals like that, I try to be fair. They're happy I'm happy! But being in Austin it does seem odd he didn't take it in to a guitar store. When I ran into those kinda deals it was in the middle of nowhere!

Naaaa.  Rich kid on the “ good” side of town.  it’s still all in play at this point. 
We will see. We will see...

And for what it’s worth.... 

Austin is a total shit show these days. 
we are down to just a couple “ real” guitar shops now. 
yeah, we have 3 guitar centers....

the “ music scene“ is full of frat boys doing shots and homeless people talking shit to you.  
or worse yet, throwing shit at you. 
millions of people here now. 
I’ll take advantage of a deal when I find them. 

This deal is most likely a fake ad.

Just some loser wanting to get a bunch of hungry Austin guitarists salivating.

There's NO WAY he didn't go to any of 3 GC's,  Austin Vintage, Guitar Resurrection, or even Austin Guitar House to get an appraisal in person, or at least call to try to find it's value. 

If he can post this ad on CL, he could do a quick Google search for its value.

46 minutes ago, Texsunburst59 said:

There's NO WAY he didn't go to any of 3 GC's,  Austin Vintage, Guitar Resurrection, or even Austin Guitar House to get an appraisal in person, or at least call to try to find it's value. 

If it is too good to be true................................ often times, most of the time is is NOT.

1 hour ago, Travis said:

The ad is still up…

Like I said before, sumpthin' ain't right.  If the listing was the real deal, somebody around here woulda probably already done a NGD/NHD announcement about snagging it.  Besides, when it comes to pulling the trigger on a desirable gear purchase for stupid cheap, there's only one hard and fast rule I go by, and I can't imagine anybody else NOT doing it this way...metaphorically speaking, of course:  ;)

I think the BS Meter has been activated…

I'm sticking with it not being legit, but it was a $200 Craigslist ad that led to my landing #0227 maybe ten years ago.  But, as others have pointed out, my seller was in Prescott, AZ with limited local resources, not Austin.  My seller did take it to a guitar store and got a HORRIBLE appraisal which is how he arrived at the $200 asking price.

12 hours ago, Texsunburst59 said:

👏👏👏

Well done sir. 
Well  done .... 

If you don’t believe for one minute that one of those Westlake kids wouldn’t sell off some shit for a couple hundred bucks you are fooling yourself. 
Those little bastards don’t know and, they don’t care. 

I’ll keep my future efforts to myself. 

7 minutes ago, hunterdawg said:

👏👏👏

Well done sir. 
Well  done .... 

If you don’t believe for one minute that one of those Westlake kids wouldn’t sell off some shit for a couple hundred bucks you are fooling yourself. 

Aw cmon, get some thicker skin! Everyone would love to score that guitar at that price. The probability lies with unlikely and people are having some fun. But no one feels ill will or malice towards you. Hope you score a great guitar cheap!!
arniez

11 hours ago, hunterdawg said:

👏👏👏

Well done sir. 
Well  done .... 

I'm not saying it's not impossible that this could be a legit ad, but almost all young kids are computer literate , and it would only take a few minutes of research to find its real value.

Now if this is some wealthy rich brat who could give a *uck on how much he sells it for, because there's always money coming from mommy and daddy for his next toy, then it's possible .

I don't know how many of these amazing deals happen on CL in Austin, but ads like this are almost nonexistent here in Corpus Christi.

Now AMAZING pawnshop "STEALS" is a whole different topic.

I've found deals like this $200 Hamer on a VERY regular basis year after year after year..............................................................

Anyway, I won't hijack this thread, but I do you hope snag this Hamer for this crazy low price.

On 7/7/2021 at 8:42 AM, Texsunburst59 said:

If that was his intent, he would have used a more desirable/mainstream guitar.
Nobody "salivates" over a Hamer Studio outside of this forum. Come on.

4 hours ago, kizanski said:

If that was his intent, he would have used a more desirable/mainstream guitar.
Nobody "salivates" over a Hamer Studio outside of this forum. Come on.

I get what your saying 100%.

He may not own ANY PRS, Gibson, Taylor, Martin, Tom A, Suhr, guitars etc.......................

This might be the only nice guitar he has to use as "Psych Bait".

There have been quite a few guys who've done the same exact thing on my local CL.

I e-mailed every single person posting these type of ads, and NEVER EVER got a response back.

I know most all the buyers like me in the area, and when I've talked to them, they all tried to contact the guy/guys trying to sell these

too good to be true deals.

Again, none of these deals ever came through any of them.

Just talking from experience.

Archived