Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New Music from My Critical Mess

The latest effort from my sorta prog-ish band My Critical Mess, featuring vocals from my former cover band vocalist, Mike Ousey.

This is really good! Good tones, good intro & solo, real good production too (although the vocals seem a little loud to me). Great job.

1 hour ago, Brooks said:

This is really good! Good tones, good intro & solo, real good production too (although the vocals seem a little loud to me). Great job.

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who feels that way about the vocals. I thought they were a little too far in front. In addition to volume, we had them EQed to push them forward. 

22 hours ago, diablo175 said:

The latest effort from my sorta prog-ish band My Critical Mess, featuring vocals from my former cover band vocalist, Mike Ousey.

Very cool!!!  What gear were you using?  Tell all!

Sounded like something with a traditional headstock and a blade switch. But that could just be the way it was EQ’d…. 

14 minutes ago, Travis said:

Very cool!!!  What gear were you using?  Tell all!

Sounded like something with a traditional headstock and a blade switch. But that could just be the way it was EQ’d…. 

😆

Nope. Just my trusty Swirly Cali with reversed head stock and a beautiful toggle switch, thru several presets in my Fractal Axe FX3 and a Crybaby 535 Q. Blade switches are hellspawn devices and with a few exceptions, un-welcome in my lair. Matter of fact, I'm selling off 3 of the verdammt Cali's with blades in 'em. :P

IMG_4412.jpeg

1 hour ago, scottcald said:

Good tune, great work!  I agree the vocals are too up front.  Also, on my speakers, the drums sounded slightly too far back and could sound a little bigger.  

I agree with the drums as well. We had to move things around (like the drums EQ) in order to get the vocals to be more prominent but it seems we may have over done it.

10 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

I agree with the drums as well. We had to move things around (like the drums EQ) in order to get the vocals to be more prominent but it seems we may have over done it.

Fortunately, these things are easily remedied these days.  Otherwise, the tune is cool.  What's your rig on this?

31 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Fortunately, these things are easily remedied these days.  Otherwise, the tune is cool.  What's your rig on this?

Just my trusty Swirly Cali , thru several presets in my Fractal Axe FX3 and a Crybaby 535 Q.

IMG_4412.jpeg

12 hours ago, scottcald said:

Very cool.  Marshall models or something else in the Fractal?

Some self-created presets. I'd have to look them up to tell you what was used. The cab IR is one I got from a ML Van Halen pack I bought online- from Eddie's F.U.C.K. period, I believe. The amp is a Herbie CH3 with my settings. I had 4 different scenes within that Preset.

51 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Some self-created presets. I'd have to look them up to tell you what was used. The cab IR is one I got from a ML Van Halen pack I bought online- from Eddie's F.U.C.K. period, I believe. The amp is a Herbie CH3 with my settings. I had 4 different scenes within that Preset.

Very cool tones!  Don't have a Fractal (can't try everything), just curious what the path was.  Assuming Herbie is a Deizel Herbert model? Thanks!

Archived