Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Mike Campbell to Sell Heartbreakers & Fleetwood Mac Guitars

10 minutes ago, devrock said:

Let’s put it this way: KK Downing got about that much for one of his red Gibson Vs a couple of years ago. Schon should have NO issue getting that price, if not way more. 

Yeah, but it’s been modded!  😆

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, LucSulla said:

I count it like (bold where riff starts)
                              'Let ring........'
1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & | 
                           ^Downbeat where drums come in

I stand dejected.  Thanks!  I have two left feet and they're both white.

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, tomteriffic said:

And of 4, I'm pretty sure.  That's the way I've always taught it and it seems to work.

18 hours ago, LucSulla said:

'Let ring........'

Thanks guys, but I'm just gonna let 'er rip and hope the band catches up.

• Haha 5

On 7/17/2021 at 1:20 PM, LucSulla said:

'Let ring........'

This is exactly as I hear it too. What a fun rocker. Petty stated in 2017 that he thought this was MC’s best solo and one of the best laid down, period. IIRC, it was one one take on the solo, bam done.  Just like Allen Collins studio Freebird on a Firebird solo.

• Like 3

On 7/15/2021 at 4:29 PM, topekatj said:

I refer to that as the Stone In Love guitar but whatever. 😄

I was a new guitar player when MTV was playing excepts from the live in Houston concert and I thought that guitar was pretty bitchin'. Lots of pretty cool guitars on MTV then. Rick's Hamer's, Giraldo's BC Riches, Aldo Nova's burst. Anyone know what that double cut burst Gary Richrath was playing on the Riding The Storm Out video was?

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 11:21 AM, cmatthes said:

A lot of savvy collectors are selling off or have been reducing their herds lately.  As we inch closer to the global recession (that was shaping up pre-COVID, and is likely to be a bit worse than 2008-09), a lot of collectors and dealers are trying to maximize their profits and get out of guitar inventory while they can.  After seeing the impact on sales and prices that took a few years to claw back last time, plus the ultimate realization that the Boomer crowd will be downsizing and/or heading to retirement communities and the largest portion of the viable customer base will vanish by the time things rebound again, that’s probably the best move for those guys right now.

Great move right now, the prices are just crazy good. All the "newbies" to the game are only seeing the up swing in guitar related investment gains. 

Even though i've been on a buying spree lately, the plan is and that I will continue to stick with is to only keep what your going to use. I'm currently labeling, sorting, taking pictures of everything that has been sitting. Most likely my "vintage" vehicles are going as well.