Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Four "Must Have" Guitars

tweed

Saw this topic on "the other guitar forum" and thought I'd put a little twist on it by having only Hamers that one would "want" if you don't already or "Must Have" .    So, to kick it off I would want:

1- Triple Threat

2- Mirage 1

3- Talladega Pro

4- Redwood Studio Custom

So far, I have 3 out of 4, so the Redwood would put me in high heaven as a "Must Have". 

Dag.... wish I had grandchildren already to pass these along !

1 - Junior

2 - 30th Anniversary

3 - Daytona

4 - Monaco Elite

Never had a MonEl, and would love to try a Triple Threat, but with these 4 and waaaay more talent I could cover just about anything.

for me, it was and still centers mostly around standards.. so 

4D Std

Korina Std (original limited run)

my own custom order Std. 

an O'Connor painted Cali. 

If the question was 5 or 6 must haves.. I'd list some already mentioned above, and would have 1 more to acquire.  😀

The 3 that top my list (in no particular order) that will complete my set of the variants of each model

1. Mirage Maple Top

2. Talladega Pro

3. Earthen Maple Talladega

And the 4th one that may not exist:

4. Early 90’s Sunburst Archtop/Studio in ‘59 burst with dots and a FAT neck…

For me:

Artist, Special with P90s, Cali, MonacoElite

The ones I don't have on the list are a Studio and a Cali.  Standard definitely a desired model, but I tend bang up the odd shaped guitars so I'd hate to do that with a Standard.

Four I don't have. 😂

Seriously,

1) 61 SG

2) Korina Vector

3) Korina Junior

4) Studio

All of these, I have (but the SG is a 96 RI).

8 minutes ago, DaveH said:

Four I don't have. 😂

Seriously,

1) 61 SG

2) Korina Vector

3) Korina Junior

4) Studio

All of these, I have (but the SG is a 96 RI).

Uh... the SG is a Gibson, no ?  Sorry.... it doesn't really count.  Pick a Hamer you've wanted or  "Must Have" to add to your "guitar harem"

1 hour ago, tweed said:

Uh... the SG is a Gibson, no ?  Sorry.... it doesn't really count.  Pick a Hamer you've wanted or  "Must Have" to add to your "guitar harem"

Uh... Your title said "guitars".

Ok, I went back and reread before posting, and did see 'Hamer' mentioned once. So I'll take an Electraglide.

A Talledega.  Thazzit!

The other Hamers I really wanted, i ended up owning... B8s, B12s, B12L, Duotine, Artist, KK Vector, Monaco SuperPro.

8 hours ago, kizanski said:
  1. Standard
  2. Korina Vector
  3. Monaco SuperPro
  4. Sustain Block Sunburst or Special

In no particular order.

That would suit me.  Add a Monaco III and an 8 or 12 string bass to finish off the Hamer list for me.  Of course, there are many more that would be nice to have. 

Besides my Mirages and Talladega, I’ve had a ‘78 Sunburst, ‘83 Vector, early 80’s Prototype, ‘95 Special FM, ‘01 Artist Korina, a Cali, Diablo, Chap, T51, and a couple of others. I’ve played a Monaco Superpro and Elite, Korina Vector, Duotone, and maybe a handful of others. So I feel like I’ve had a good exposure to a fair number of Hamer’s offerings over the years. 

I’ve never played a Newport and that almost made my list. I should probably add a Newport as my alternate/runner-up…

From a utility POV, it's five:

• Newport w/ humbuckers
  • Monaco Elite with P90s
  • T-51
  • Daytona
  • Studio or Studio Pro w/ humbuckers

From a way-fun POV:

• Standard
  • Studio or Studio Pro or Monaco Elite w/ P90s
  • Mirage I
  • Korina Vector

I'd also love to play an Improv just to experience it.

1. Cali - must have boomers, they sound much better with boomers
2. Standard 4 digit - not just any, but the one I have, had 2 others in perfect condition, but didn't do it for me, this one is beat to shit but sounds like a million$$$
3. TLE - must have floyd and boomers, the same - they just sound better with boomers
4. Impact - the one Lita Ford played in "Hungry"...not even sure if another one of those exist :))

Archived