Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Four "Must Have" Guitars

tweed

1. My early 80s carve top Sunburst with factory Floyd that got stolen in 1988. 

2. Standard, from the Shiskov years. If it could be the one Rick Nielsen had done in that wild looking drum covering that'd be a bonus.

3. Korina Vector 

4. Monaco Superpro

On 7/15/2021 at 9:11 PM, cynic said:

Any sentence with "Hamer" and "must have" in it also needs "sustain block".  

1. Sustain Block Special

2. Talladega

3. Sustain Block Artist

That's it.  I've only got three.

Sustain block artist, soothe my weary eyes;

9 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

Tell us the story about this

I bought it used. It was originally a custom order for a guy named Pete Petty who ran a shop called AL&M. It was the cool shop in Raleigh and a Hamer dealer. He sold it not long after he got it and it wound up at the music store in Chapel Hill where I would hang out. I wound up getting it a great deal because while it was in the store someone knocked it off a stand. Their in house tech was great and did a great job on the break but it knocked a couple hundred off which was great for a broke 17 year old. My parents were having a new deck built and one day while I was at school and they were at work someone broke in while the construction crew was at lunch...Pretty sure it was someone that knew me because the only non music gear they snagged was the tv. I was in the midst of a pickup swap on my Les Paul so all the guts were out and they left that fortunately. Of course I had no pictures or the serial number, I chatted up the original owner after the fact and he didn't have any info except for it was built in a small batch of carve top Sunbursts, one of which evidently went to Andy Summers. I poke around ebay/reverb/Craigslist sometimes looking but it's never turned up. I've even asked Dr Fung if he's ever seen it and if he hasn't then there's probably no hope. 🤣

1) 94 aztec gold chunky necked FM Special stupidly traded, never saw it again.   

2) Blonde Standard  

3)  that white artist mahogany with boomers

4)  Korina V  

Here are the core five (Partscaster, LP Special, Monaco SuperPro, Sunburst Archtop, Artist Custom):

20210722_104004.jpg.fcc64469de4ebc40888bb0a1adc1f7b2.jpg

If I could add one more Hamer, it would (will) be a Talladega or possibly a T-Pro. After that, it's just a lust list... Triple Threat, 30th Annivesary, Artist Ultimate, Artist Korina P90 in Jazzburst (but not that GC example), and a 2Tek Cruise, because everyone should have a bass.

4 digit Standard

Prototype

T-51

Monaco

Only owned T-51, the others are what I would consider what differentiated Hamer from the crowd.

Now if we do this for Shishkovs...

OK, I'll play.

1. 1979 Sunburst.

2. Talladega.

3. Monaco III (or Artist Korina with P90's).

4. Newport Pro (with Phat Cats). Or a Newport90 of course.

The first 2 I have, the last 2 I would like to have.

My preference for the Monaco III and/or the Newport would be in natural, no orange, red, or burst.

Gabe 😀

Archived