Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TDC... HDJ... Jeff Labar

DaveH

This was sort of expected.  Sadly, Jeff fell into habits that messed him up physically. 

Something I noticed about his playing on stage was the way he looked like he was pulling notes out of the guitar or pouring notes out of the guitar.  He was not just playing the songs, he was giving everyone a great show. 

Cinderella's touring keyboard player, Gary Corbett, died either the same day or the day after.  He had also toured with Kiss.  Horribly sad coincidence.

That interview with Jeff about the cruise is a tough read.  He was so self-aware and didn't make excuses at all.  He just owned up and basically said "my condition and my actions were my own fault" and you could tell he was very sad about it.  They haven't released cause of death yet but I really hope it's not another Jani Lane "he drank himself to death alone" story.

23 hours ago, Ed Rechts said:

I have held folks in my arms while they died. They quit the world.

Ed, "they quit the world" is one of the saddest phrases I've ever read.  Brought me to tears.  Congrats on your own sobriety and thank you for all the help you have been able to provide others.  I have never had the problem myself but I have a few family members that have.

Archived