Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Fs blitz bass 750$ , i like it!

No.

Fucking.

Chance.

13 minutes ago, burningyen said:

15 pounds, oof.

But at $790 shipped (let's call it $800 with sales tax), that's only $53.33 per pound!
Factor in a $1,000 price drop, and that's savings on top of savings!

image.png

6 hours ago, pablo said:

The guy accepts offers🤷

Make your shot😎

At 15 pounds, plus case and box size, shipping could be more than the bass is worth.   I don’t think an Alembic series 1 bass weighs that much.  Oh, was there a mention of a case that I missed?

I once had a '80s Blitz bass several years ago with a falling-apart original case, it was a good bass but I sold it because it was too freakin' BIG.  IMO, situational awareness is a must when playing one of these basses, I was afraid I might do damage to mine just by accidentally smacking it on a hallway wall or into the side of a doorway, kinda like what happened to the neck of this bass.  <_<

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

15 pounds ain't nothin' if you have a router.

unnamed.jpg

You could really shave down the weight if you hacked off the prong, and what the hell, why not cut off everything below the stoptail bridge while you are at it?

"It does have a very shallow crack on back of neck that does not effect the sound and it's been like that for 40 years." 

Interesting - it acquired that crack 4 years before it was built. That's gotta be worth something....

21 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

You could really shave down the weight if you hacked off the prong, and what the hell, why not cut off everything below the stoptail bridge while you are at it?

I had one of those crippled variations made to Gibby Exp

GibsonExp Bass 1.jpg

10 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

So, let me guess...  The graphic hides the lines where the wood was pieced together. 

Or was there a veneer to hide the joints? 

Ideally Yes, but it I used polyurethane glue, that expends and I pressed it so hard that there was no lines appearing within a month (that's when I started spraying) , but to be on a safe side I decided to put couple of stripes. 2 years by now and paint still didnt sink into the joints. So no veneer.

Archived