Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Getting old

My Grandchild is going to be 30, has his own business and all things are looking like he found the right girl! Baha MX  wedding! That'll be interesting... love the fresh seafood!!!! Enjoy those Grandkids!

I've been blaming old age or it's onset for my shitty guitar playing since I was in my 40's. :P

Being a tax accountant, the day that I will be able to withdraw from my IRA's without penalty is in two months.  That puts me in a different age "group" in my mind.  Those people have been "old" since I started my practice 23 years ago.  

I'll be eligible for Social Security in a couple of weeks. That should generate another barrage of AARP recruitment offers. They've been hounding me for a dozen years now.

I've gotten quite adept at yelling BULLSHIT! into my phone and hanging up, at the very second it's clear to me (and it only takes a couple of seconds to find out) that the person on the other end of the line is a telemarketer trying to sell me extended auto warranties, Medicare program scams, or anything else similar.  I'm signed up on the 'Do Not Call' list, which seems to me to be absolutely ineffective, and yes I do screen my calls; but occasionally one still gets through inadvertently and gets to enjoy my special 'greeting'.  <_<

44 minutes ago, crunchee said:

I've gotten quite adept at yelling BULLSHIT! into my phone and hanging up, at the very second it's clear to me (and it only takes a couple of seconds to find out) that the person on the other end of the line is a telemarketer trying to sell me extended auto warranties, Medicare program scams, or anything else similar.  I'm signed up on the 'Do Not Call' list, which seems to me to be absolutely ineffective, and yes I do screen my calls; but occasionally one still gets through inadvertently and gets to enjoy my special 'greeting'.  <_<

LOL....Yeah, I've said that a few times, but in my case I said "Bull Caca"!!

7 hours ago, crunchee said:

You even answer that shit? 😲 I turned the "ringer" off on my iPhone when my wife got me an Apple watch (it, along with my MacBook alerts me anyway 🙄) If it's not a number from my contacts or I'm not expecting one, it doesn't get answered. Occasionally, I'll get the telemarketer or robocall in my voice mail but overall, the number of telemarketing calls I answer has dropped to almost nothing.

14 hours ago, crunchee said:

Hey, it might be Tom Selleck selling you a reverse mortgage "because he trusts them". 🤣

7 hours ago, diablo175 said:

You even answer that shit? 😲 I turned the "ringer" off on my iPhone when my wife got me an Apple watch (it, along with my MacBook alerts me anyway 🙄) If it's not a number from my contacts or I'm not expecting one, it doesn't get answered. Occasionally, I'll get the telemarketer or robocall in my voice mail but overall, the number of telemarketing calls I answer has dropped to almost nothing.

My phone is a several-years-old flip phone that only does 3G, and I'll have to trash it once my phone carrier ditches 3G next year.  Like Ozzy used to advertise on TV, 'All aboard the 5G train!', whether I like it or not.  The only Apple I have, I buy from a grocery store.  :P

20 hours ago, crunchee said:

Just today I found out that the robocallers actually download the govt. Do Not Call numbers list and put them into their rocket dialers because they are known good numbers.

Getting old sucks, but it is still better than the alternative.

Me last week.

215278950_10208155202475035_5356961895854649320_n.jpg

THIS Week....  took a fall and my ribs hurt.  MFSBGOSHD!

Archived