Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer, Prices>Comment

DeVai

Yup. While I've heard a little bit of grumbling for the admittedly elevated price I'm asking for a few Cali's currently on the block, truth is, I paid very close to the same (overpaid?) to get them initially and I'm just trying to get my investment back plus a very modest amount for a few upgrades.

Hasn't seemed to curtail buyers dramatically- just sold one of my '89 LE's after only a few days on Reverb. :D

On 7/26/2021 at 12:47 PM, diablo175 said:

Yup. While I've heard a little bit of grumbling for the admittedly elevated price I'm asking for a few Cali's currently on the block, truth is, I paid very close to the same (overpaid?) to get them initially and I'm just trying to get my investment back plus a very modest amount for a few upgrades.

Hasn't seemed to curtail buyers dramatically- just sold one of my '89 LE's after only a few days on Reverb. :D

Love the one in your avatar @diablo175! Just sayin….

On 7/24/2021 at 7:08 AM, ptm1diver said:

And now for some reasonably priced Hamers.   

132FCBA5-11FE-47C7-BB04-50B63BE3D2B3.png

This is the same guy that told me the killer '97 Studio Custom I was trying to sell at a guitar show, was a nice guitar, but Hamers were second tier Gibsons that he had a hard time selling for more than $5 or 6 hundred dollars, so he'd pass...

• 3 weeks later...

Prices have definitely crept upwards on pretty much all USA models over the past several years.  I have most everything I need (or course not necessarily desire) at this point.  There's still a handful of USA Hamer's I'd like to drive and will always keep an eye out. 

On 8/22/2021 at 11:39 AM, vicjoy1945 said:

Prices have definitely crept upwards on pretty much all USA models over the past several years.  I have most everything I need (or course not necessarily desire) at this point.  There's still a handful of USA Hamer's I'd like to drive and will always keep an eye out. 

Agreed.  For the few I've let go and muse about wistfully I have to remind myself that those are the ones that weren't getting play time...

Y'know, of all the guitars I've bought over the years, don't know what led me to Hamer. Could be a Chicago thing for me 'cause they started here, who knows. Even after my first purchase I thought to myself, "Why am I buying a guitar from a company that's long gone", and honestly, I've only heard of them maybe 4-5 years ago.  Some were fairly priced, and some were like "Aaah !! What ?  Phht, Are you kiddin' me !!!  Now, I'm up to 6 in the herd and lookin' for that "special one".    

Archived