Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What the heck kind of SG is this?

I think that's a custom build from luthier Jim Glynn, of which Marino has had more than one, including an SG-shaped hollowbody.

Lightening Ting's image thru photoshop seems to show the Glynn name on the headstock IMO. 

And here's a photo used w/ a 2005 interview; headstock outline seems to match what Ting posted. That interview promoted a great live effort called RealLive, great tones. My personal favorite is the pretty-much-one-chord outro "Try for Freedom".

marino-02.jpg

15 hours ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

I think that's a custom build from luthier Jim Glynn, of which Marino has had more than one, including an SG-shaped hollowbody.

Lightening Ting's image thru photoshop seems to show the Glynn name on the headstock IMO. 

And here's a photo used w/ a 2005 interview; headstock outline seems to match what Ting posted. That interview promoted a great live effort called RealLive, great tones. My personal favorite is the pretty-much-one-chord outro "Try for Freedom".

marino-02.jpg

You would love Disk 3 of this set, @Willie G. Moseley. Well over 2 1/2 hours or jams. The last 40 or so minutes consists of, "Rattle of Sabres, Electric Reflections of War, Aftermath, O Little Town of Bethlehem, The World Anthem, A Prayer For Peace, Try For Freedom, and Amazing Grace," which had about a ten minute ending. Mrs. Ting and I watched it for the first time last night and just sat here in awe.

Over the past week I listened to the other 2 DVDs while fixing dinner and in between snake feedings. I kept having to come in the office to rewind and watch the video because it just had to be watched! We haven't seen the BlueRay yet. I will have to get the player out of the closet and hook it up. Absolutely amazing set of disks. 

Archived