Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Turn vintage tube radio into guitar amp

gorch

Next generation on track. My son shot an old tube radio for a student level price, replaced the caps after first check and a new old guitar amp was born. The funky little box on top of the radio contains a self made preamp, originally meant to be a microphone amp. The mic is yet to be build. He keeps searching for thin aluminium foil for the ribbon. It allows to crank the tubes. The speaker sounds a little dump. So, he might replace that one as soon as he finds an ellipse shape replacement. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well didn't we all start with old tube radios back in the day?

That's great!

But.... gear snobs will keep looking until they find an old Kraco, Sparkomatic or Jensen 6x9" for that true vintage sound. 😉 That may be lost in translation depending on where you are in the world. Then, just ignore me as you usually do.

I have some 6x9 vintage Jenson's I took out of a 1962 Leslie cabinet. There where 6 I think that went round and round. I needed the other stuff for parts and kept the tubes and transformers. He can have the speakers just pay shipping. I there's a couple in very good condition!

2 hours ago, Dutchman said:

I have some 6x9 vintage Jenson's I took out of a 1962 Leslie cabinet. There where 6 I think that went round and round. I needed the other stuff for parts and kept the tubes and transformers. He can have the speakers just pay shipping. I there's a couple in very good condition!

Thanks a lot. I will tell him.

Archived