Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Wtb Hamer Newport pro

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, Hbom said:

I think, if you think $1700 is too much for a Newport Pro you are about 2 years too late to the party.

GLWYS

Ughh why do people reply like this?, I don’t want a red burst nor do I want to pay 2k all said and done after shipping and taxes

1 hour ago, coffeeroastee said:

Ughh why do people reply like this?, I don’t want a red burst nor do I want to pay 2k all said and done after shipping and taxes

I'm sorry. There are so few N Ps available that I don't really consider color as part of the equation.

Condition? Maple or spruce top? Seths or Phat Cats? Bigsby?

Colors pretty much sound the same to me.

13 minutes ago, Hbom said:

I'm sorry. There are so few N Ps available that I don't really consider color as part of the equation.

Condition? Maple or spruce top? Seths or Phat Cats? Bigsby?

Colors pretty much sound the same to me.

Gotcha ..I don’t care it’s worn a bit as long as the frets are good..no bigsby and Seth would be ideal

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 12:17 PM, cynic said:

The reverb example is also black cherry, ugly a.f. at any price. 

In person it is much nicer

10 hours ago, Kalessin said:

@coffeeroastee I was looking at this one, and saw your note above. I'm curious whether there was any reason other than price or colour why you'd ruled it out?  

For me, that color brings back memories of the $99 Lyle imports from 1967 or thereabouts.  If I had had that much cash way back then, I MIGHT have bought one, just in the nicer looking yellow-ish sunburst.

11 hours ago, Kalessin said:

@coffeeroastee I was looking at this one, and saw your note above. I'm curious whether there was any reason other than price or colour why you'd ruled it out?  

I just don’t love red guitars and don’t have the budget to buy something I’m not 100 percent on

The darkness of the cherry  and the lightness of the red, cause it to be and image that both a high and low key image, very difficult to capture with even really good cameras. You can do several manuevers  in LAB to make it work, but, it's tricky.

Had the red one, a sparkle orange, and a black cherry. No difference to my ears with the same pickups installed.

Birdseye 12 is different. Sometimes I actually hear colors from that one. 😉

edit: After coffee, Thinking about it, the red one was a bit brighter, ebony board and harp tailpiece probably.

8 minutes ago, joshoowah said:

True of all colors but one - Blue guitars do sound better!

That is the big issue I've found with Newport Pros. Never saw a blue one.

Archived