Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ace's Les Paul

That's some serious nonsense there.

"Frehley loved the guitar so much he even carved the neck heel himself with a screwdriver." 
Yeah, because that's what I do with all of my favorite guitars.  What?? You too??  WOW!!

If it was really his favorite, he'd buy it back.  That's how the whole "favorite" thing works.

5 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

Oooof. That poor guitar, carved up like so many other Les Paul deluxes.

Agreed, but most of those guitars were just routed for humbuckers. You could argue that's an improvement, if that's your taste.
This abomination, on the other hand...

image.png

He had  some marvelous guitars at one time.....................a great collection. This one although it may be a "COLLECTABLE" to some as ACE owned it is really just crap...................non the less I'm sure it will fetch big money. Now that 59 "BURST" he had that was beautiful, but that he sold long ago.

5 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

Ace's "Deluxe" refurbishing should get some credit for obviously inspiring Carvin's initial run of mail order guitars, right?

Seriously though...I'll venture a guess that his butchery occured about the same time Ace discovered the creative and time-fulfilling aspects of cocaine

By "credit" you mean "blame," right?

And yes, all of that ad copy was skirting around the likely possibility that he "carved the neck heel himself with a screwdriver" because he was fucking drunk off his ass, which was often the case.

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

"Frehley loved the guitar so much he even carved the neck heel himself with a screwdriver." 
Yeah, because that's what I do with all of my favorite guitars.  What?? You too??  WOW!!

If it was really his favorite, he'd buy it back.  That's how the whole "favorite" thing works.

Agreed, but most of those guitars were just routed for humbuckers. You could argue that's an improvement, if that's your taste.

image.png

Looks like a less ugly Carvin DC120.

1 hour ago, Stike said:

Looks like a less ugly Carvin DC120.

Heh-heh.... carve-n'. 

5 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

He had  some marvelous guitars at one time.....................a great collection. This one although it may be a "COLLECTABLE" to some as ACE owned it is really just crap...................non the less I'm sure it will fetch big money. Now that 59 "BURST" he had that was beautiful, but that he sold long ago.

There's a pic of AF during KISS' height of popularity that showed his collection of fine guitars.  I'm sure most, if not all, have fallen by the wayside. :(

15 minutes ago, hamerican gigolo said:

There's a pic of AF during KISS' height of popularity that showed his collection of fine guitars.  I'm sure most, if not all, have fallen by the wayside. :(

Yeah, he sold all of the vintage stuff long before they went from just "used guitars" to Vintage Guitars.

17 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Yeah, he sold all of the vintage stuff long before they went from just "used guitars" to Vintage Guitars.

There is no better time for this

giphy.gif

It's sad really, as he definitely had talent as a player, and wrote some pretty good songs too. But like so many he got into the drugs, didn't take care of himself, and squandered what he had.

3 hours ago, Brooks said:

Ace was mostly into cocaine and booze.

Truth!   Here, he attempts to snort Colombia...

No photo description available.

On 8/11/2021 at 6:21 AM, kizanski said:

image.png

Hey! Look! That's a Carvin guitar that Ace Frehley played. 🤡

On 8/12/2021 at 1:23 AM, singlehum said:

I remember seeing these pics of his collection.    Looks like that "studio" is in a crawl space.

114b86b0cb5f8e12025ff48e2d706517.jpg

Ace_Frehley_at_Home_1978__17__1.jpg

The studio was up in his spAce station. In orbit. It was not easy to build a studio up there.

Archived