Hamer Fan Club Message Center

So this Quilter business.

LucSulla

As a former pro who quit touring pre-pandemic because of back grief—and as a devout admirer of Jim85IROC's Studio Custom with the scrumptious ebony board—I sing the praises of Pat Quilter's wizardry.

For years now I've run one of several Tech21 compressors into a stereo reverb feeding a Quilter Micropro Mach 2 (with 8" speaker) and Quilter Toneblock 202 mounted in a Frontliner (set of two 8"). Can blast a stage or play at next to no volume at home. Yeah, I miss the thrill of trying to control a zillion dollar Mesa Boogie; that was like riding a volcano. But for my last decades on this planet, this'll do just fine. 

Going into the Black Friday black hole......Some outfits now have the Quilter Mach 3 head and combo in stock. At 15% off (check out that MFer site) and an 8% credit on future purchases (which more or less offsets the sales tax) I decided to give it a shot. Hope to have it in a few days, probably after the turkey feast. Looking forward to plugging it into may fave cab, the shop-built 2 x 12 Forte 3D style with Alnico Cream and EVM 12L. Really heavy cab, so it is not likely to be seen gigging, to the extent that happens any more.

By the way, that cab sound huge even with my Swart Stereo head that puts out a whole glorious 5 watts per channel (with a top/bottom rather than left/right stereo split).......So with 200 watts on tap, we will see.

Archived