Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Cool custom-ordered White USA Vector, black binding, etc. (Ex-Rocketeria)

This just hit the streets today...

https://reverb.com/item/43421580-hamer-usa-vector-white-with-case-and-c-o-a-near-mint

Elduave custom order through Rocketeria back in the heyday, and the original owner is selling stuff to buy a house.  Took it in to Victor Litz today, where it's on consignment.  I got the tip off from Elduave himself as he happened to walk in the shop before they had even hung it.

This is a cool one, nice and light and properly done.  I remember it well, and have pics somewhere from when it was getting unboxed.

Yikes.

kd269laut3lx8a3o02ow.jpg

In one of the hugest ironies ever, I walked into the store probably within an hour of the guitar being dropped off. I've maybe been in Tony's store a handful of times since I left to open Rocketeria in 2004. Just crazy! BTW, guitar looks and feels great. If I had the scratch I'd have bought it back.

That IS a great color for a Flying V. At the rate my Order for a 70's Flying V from Gibson is going, I could have invested the money and made enough to buy this guitar by now if I'd got into that gamestop crap.

4 hours ago, Madchester said:

Nice Vector, and fascinating to know I was so close to some other members Lol, for 15 years I was 10 minutes away from Victor Litz and as of a few months ago I’m now 500 miles!

Dave (Elduave) worked at Litz before opening his own shop in Olney in the mid-2000s.  I custom ordered a B-4M through him at Litz, and then a couple from him at Rocketeria - he always treated me right.  He actually lives right down the street from Litz, so you guys could have been neighbors!  I'm a little further south in MoCo.

On 8/24/2021 at 8:47 AM, singlehum said:

Looks like it sold.

Let's be honest.  It's fucking awesome.  If I didn't just buy a really expensive R9, I have a feelin' that I would have been dealin'.

At the core of the matter, this guitar is just another reason we all hang around here.

41 minutes ago, The Shark said:

Here's a almost white V...

Brwt0HQ.jpg

Paint that headstock black and you've really got something there!  ;)

2 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Paint that headstock black and you've really got something there!  ;)

I "priced" that.  Just waiting until the paint guy can take care of it.  "Erasing" Ian Anderson was something I thought about while waiting the five years to get it!!!

4 hours ago, Hamertoe said:

This one comes along & I’m smitten.  Estimated arrival is Monday.

I am truly envious.  

Extra points for enduring that bullshit ad copy.

7 hours ago, Hamertoe said:

White Flying V’s -Vectors in this case- make me giddy  I’ve been ready to upgrade from my Dean White Gold V for awhile.  This one comes along & I’m smitten.  Estimated arrival is Monday.

Atta' kid!

5 hours ago, kizanski said:

I am truly envious.  

Extra points for enduring that bullshit ad copy.

Gotta’ say I wrote it off a couple times due to the creep factor in the description but the guitar just smacked me so hard finally had to take a chance.

I spent some time coming up with some figures for it then had an overwhelming sense of urgency so I hit the button.  It’s a good thing I did because after I bought it I began to receive messages from others negotiating a price that want a shot at it if I’m disappointed & decide to move it.  I couldn’t risk losing it-it touched me that much & it delivers.  Received it this morning and “keeper” doesn’t do it justice.

Should the day arrive that I must let it go there’s an HFC’er here that came in first for dibs.

That is (was) super BADASS!!!  I'm glad someone got to it before I did.  I might have been too tempted to pass it up up I've been looking for a korina Vector for a while.  I would have been happy yet unhappy at the same time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 1:29 PM, Hamertoe said:

I spent some time coming up with some figures for it then had an overwhelming sense of urgency so I hit the button.  It’s a good thing I did because after I bought it I began to receive messages from others negotiating a price that want a shot at it if I’m disappointed & decide to move it.  I couldn’t risk losing it-it touched me that much & it delivers.  Received it this morning and “keeper” doesn’t do it justice.

Should the day arrive that I must let it go there’s an HFC’er here that came in first for dibs.

I happened across this tonight when V searching, thought you might be interested (no affiliation)  1958 Gibson Flying V Ribbed Rubber Leg Rest Material | eBay

Archived