Hamer Fan Club Message Center

It's been an amazing August for guitars for me !!!

I've stumbled upon some really cool guitars this month, and I got them for AMAZING prices.

So this month I scored 3 wildly different,but very cool guitars.

1)  '89 Korean Epiphone Vintage Sunburst Sheraton II :

This one isn't stock,but has some really good quality upgrades.

1) Schaller Gold M6 mini tuners & Schaller TP-6 Quick change stop bar tailpiece with fine tune adjustment screws( removed by previous owner)

2) 80's Seymour Duncan  Jazz (neck) & JB (bridge)

51349940672_efdfe84b16_b.jpg

51349944997_067fa268aa_b.jpg

51350910998_a47986b68b_c.jpg

51349953097_94a7572123_c.jpg

2) 2020 Fender Satin Black  Artist Jim Root Sig. Jazzmaster

To be totally honest, I can't name one single Slipknot song, and I'm familiar with a couple of Stone Sour songs which I don't know the name.

I'm also not into metal guitars with EMG 60/81 active pickups.

NOW that I got all that out of the way, I think this guitar looks great with the satin black top contrasted with the brushed chrome pickup covers

JR Jazzmaster guitar specs:

• Series: Artist
  • Body Material: Mahogany
  • Body Finish: Satin Urethane
  • Neck: Maple, "C" Shape
  • Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
  • String Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.685" (42.8mm)
  • Fingerboard: Ebony, 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8mm to 406.4mm)
  • Frets: 22, Jumbo
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (648mm)
  • Hardware: Black
  • Bridge: 6-Saddle American Standard Strings-Thru-Body Strat with
  • Block-Style Saddles
  • Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking
  • Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (.010-.046 Gauges)
  • Pickup Configuration: H/H
  • Pickups: EMG 81 Humbucking with Brushed Chrome Cover (Bridge)
  • EMG 60 Humbucking with Brushed Chrome Cover (Neck)
  • Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge
  • and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
  • Controls: Master Volume

51388201280_b1955bd1ed_b.jpg

51386352162_197aaf5064_b.jpg

51387113931_ec77c133b6_b.jpg

51386354612_d9116d2877_c.jpg

Now this is "THE SCORE" of the bunch.

3)  '77 Gibson Walnut RD Custom

This guitar is a 44 yr. old "Time Capsule/Case Queen" with still functioning Moog circuitry.

51395848171_0c16a9772a_b.jpg51395842731_b361803cc5_b.jpg

51392809082_6d612f23fd_c.jpg51392875732_3a8453c866_c.jpg

2 hours ago, topekatj said:

I dig the Jazzmaster! Minimalist! It gives me ideas for a pastscaster.....

How many stone does that RD weigh?

(One stone = 14 #)

I haven't weighed it, but it's not the 12-13 lbs. that a lot of these guitars usually weigh.

If I had to guess, I'd say between 9-10 lbs, which is like a heavy LP.

All great scores Skip! That RD Custom gets my vote..................be hard to find another in that condition, like I mentioned to you before I have not seen one of those in years. That IS a stealthy looking Fender, can't say I have ever seen one of those except in a magazine. But I love that Epiphone Sheraton......................some nice upgrades for sure also VERY pretty and cool guitar. I played a  1967 Epiphone Sheraton for about 5 years back in the day when I was doing straight jazz gigs in small clubs, It is still owned by the guy that I sold it to. You sure have the luck and the knack for finding some very unusual and diverse guitars.................. I never what you score ever up for sale around my neck of the woods. Guess I'm just in the wrong part of the country, 😉

11 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

All great scores Skip! That RD Custom gets my vote..................be hard to find another in that condition, like I mentioned to you before I have not seen one of those in years. That IS a stealthy looking Fender, can't say I have ever seen one of those except in a magazine. But I love that Epiphone Sheraton......................some nice upgrades for sure also VERY pretty and cool guitar. I played a  1967 Epiphone Sheraton for about 5 years back in the day when I was doing straight jazz gigs in small clubs, It is still owned by the guy that I sold it to. You sure have the luck and the knack for finding some very unusual and diverse guitars.................. I never what you score ever up for sale around my neck of the woods. Guess I'm just in the wrong part of the country, 😉

Thanks Gary.

The right place at the right time, fits the situation in scoring the Gibson RD.

When we can get past the whole Covid thing, and get the country where is safe again, the invite is still open for you to come and visit.

You and this Mrs. can come and  enjoy the  beach, good Mexican food, and great  Seafood

I'll take you with me on my sales calls for a few hours or all day,  and as many days as you'd like.

We'll stop at every pawnshop we pass during the day.

If we happen to run into a "Steal", I'll do all the negotiating on the price, and you can snag it.

Bring plenty of cash just in case, because it does make a big difference on the final negotiated price.

This could end up being a yearly vacation  to Texas.

Something to think about Gary. 😀

1 hour ago, Texsunburst59 said:

Thanks Gary.

The right place at the right time, fits the situation in scoring the Gibson RD.

When we can get past the whole Covid thing, and get the country where is safe again, the invite is still open for you to come and visit.

You and this Mrs. can come and  enjoy the  beach, good Mexican food, and great  Seafood

I'll take you with me on my sales calls for a few hours or all day,  and as many days as you'd like.

We'll stop at every pawnshop we pass during the day.

If we happen to run into a "Steal", I'll do all the negotiating on the price, and you can snag it.

Bring plenty of cash just in case, because it does make a big difference on the final negotiated price.

This could end up being a yearly vacation  to Texas.

Something to think about Gary. 😀

Thanks Skip! I appreciate the offer VERY much.....................so kind of you for the invite, it would be great to hang out. When we get pass this thing that put everything else in the world  on hold  hopefully we can make that happen. Last time I was in Texas was the late 1960s and early 70s in Austin .Good memories and great music. Till then I hope you and yours stay safe and healthy.............. and of course score some more guitars, you know they have your name on them.😉

9 hours ago, RobB said:

Amazing. What are the, “amazing”, prices? Enquiring minds want to know…

I'll post these prices since your asking.

I paid $277 for the '89 Sheraton II with upgrades and w/OHSC

$831 for the 2020 Fender Artist Jim Root Jazzmaster W/OHSC

$1100 for the "Case Queen" '77 Gibson Walnut RD Custom w/OBTC

I called them AMAZING,but for other members here, they may OK/ Meh kinda prices.

I'm just a 61 year old bald guy who still gets excited like a teenage kid when I find and purchase guitars.

Sometimes my enthusiasm gets the best of me when I'm describing my guitar scores.

I don't think I've ever posted a pic of myself on this forum,and I only have one that I'm happy to share.

My son who's an amazing guitarist/singer, got married this past July 17, and here's a photo of my wife and I with the happy couple.

Just in case you guy aren't sure, I'm the bald buy on the left in the picture.

51366200009_245fcd6e97_b.jpg

1 minute ago, RobB said:

Pretty amazing prices. Nice family shot, too. Putty folks down in Tejas. 

Thanks for the kind words Rob.

Hablas espanol?

Solo pregunto porque dijiste Tejas en lugar de Texas.

English translation:

Do you speak Spanish?

I only ask because you said Tejas instead of Texas.

Forgive me Rob,but it's 5 in the morning right now, and I've already had 24 oz. of Peets French Roast coffee.

6 hours ago, Texsunburst59 said:

Hablas espanol?

Solo pregunto porque dijiste Tejas en lugar de Texas.

English translation:

Do you speak Spanish?

I only ask because you said Tejas instead of Texas.

Shamefully, I do not. My dad is a native speaker, older brother teaches HS Spanish in Tucson and another retired, sheriff-deputy brother speaks, “cop-Spanish.”

Funnily enough, I read Spanish fairly well but, like my English, my spelling is excellent and my grammar is atrocious. 

I really should knuckle down an finally learn conversational Spanish. I’ll need to, eventually, as I won’t be able to retire in, “El Norte”, with my modest, union pension LOL. 

Archived