Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Musikraft Neck - New - Charvel 2 3/16" Spec

I had ordered this neck for a project, but an old neck came my way right about the time this was delivered. Figured I'd offer it up, since its just going to end up sitting... or worse - tempt me into another project 🙃

High level specs below, and detailed specs in pics:

• Quartersawn 2A flame shaft wood
  • 22 fret dark Indian rosewood board w/heavy rolled edges
  • C .87-.97, 14" radius, 6100 jumbos (chunky shredder aka “obese wizard” profile)
  • Aged clay dots, front and side
  • Floyd shelf for R3 nut
  • 2 3/16" heel (standard Fender; narrow/early Charvel)
  • Drilled for 10mm tuners (Gotoh, Schaller, et al)

Ordered it raw, but subsequently finished it with Watco Danish Oil. If it helps HFC'ers, I'm willing to apply custom waterslide (buyer provided) w/top-coat before shipping it.

Asking price is what I gave for the unfinished neck - $432 shipped in CONIUS (Paypal F/F appreciated)

P3TlLF0.jpg

uaOCWao.jpg

pKYu702.jpg

oJf4ZWF.jpg

uyHg6Jn.jpg

BJmFIEO.jpg

onnxMcK.jpg

8FVwzcF.jpg

4cGF64A.jpg

Holy crap, that’s a sexy neck!  And a profile I could get along with. Damn you, Floyd shelf…!

Can’t imagine this hanging around too long. GLWTS!

31 minutes ago, Travis said:

Holy crap, that’s a sexy neck!  And a profile I could get along with. Damn you, Floyd shelf…!

Can’t imagine this hanging around too long. GLWTS!

I can probably cut an extra German Floyd setup loose, if it helps with something to fill the shelf 😆I get along with the top mount Floyds and vtrems... Kahler whammys not so much.

Kidding aside, though, thanks!  MK does make some killer necks - fretwork and otherwise. If specs suit someone, this will save them a ~5 month wait for a custom order.

7 hours ago, RobB said:

Dang. I wonder wonder if that would fit my USA SoCal neck pocket? Probably not but…just, dang. 

No, optimally you will want a wider 2 1/4" heel.  The early <=1982 Charvels used the narrower heel (some were even 2 1/8")

I have a SoCal.  Great quartersawn factory neck, but none of that flamey bling :)

Musikraft does offer that heel size on their Charvel necks, thankfully.  Have a couple of the wider ones on my green machines:

0VEdUyn.jpg

On 8/24/2021 at 2:35 PM, stonge said:

"obese wizard" = awesome lol.  that should be an official profile name for aging shredders.

I know pandemic social isolation and time spent on Internet was detrimental when I catch myself thinking in memes.

That said,

wBpPvVV.jpg

:D 

19 minutes ago, RobB said:

Awww, piss! Nothing ever works out for me!

Lord knows I'd cut you a deal too, for your help and generosity in my parts quest.

While the SoCal fit would pose an issue, if you want to trade for the neck on your GJ Legacy just let me know  🤣🤣

29 minutes ago, chromium said:

While the SoCal fit would pose an issue, if you want to trade for the neck on your GJ Legacy just let me know  🤣🤣

Errrrrrrmmmmmmyeahhhhhhhhuuuuuuuhhhhh..."no"...but ya never know unless you ask.

Archived